Last night had overloaded ports and disconnects in-game

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
ImBIGJEFF

Last night had overloaded ports and disconnects in-game

Post by ImBIGJEFF » 06 May 2024, 17:46

My game has been working for the most part for the past week (it's intermittent). Last night I was using a different controller than I normally use, and I was using an older mini USB cable for it (it wasnt the one that came with the controller, which I cant find. Idk what this one was for.)

What happened was twice I unplugged the controller during gameplay and it made my usb headphones lose power. When I unplugged them and plugged them back in they worked but they reset. Theyre hyperX Cloud 3s. Later on I started gaming again, joined a game, then when I plugged in my controller it caused my monitor to go black and say "No Signal". Reconnecting the DP cord did nothing, I had to hard restart my pc.

After this happened I started experiencing some of the problems I experience when my game's not working (which Ive suspected are electrical). Enemies player began skipping slightly, their animations appeared sped up, projectiles were coming out of their character at an angle (they werent directly looking at me yet they were doing damage to me). Then after a couple minutes I started having exaggerated, severe issues I only have experienced a handful of times, (and which Ive previously assumed were flukes with the game or server problems. For example, I'll shoot a gun or throw a grenade and it'll play the sound effect twice, then the grenade or projectiles comes out delayed by half a second, one time I rubber banded aggressively, and the projectile and sound issues appear to happen to the other players. I also experience all my other issues Ive talked about in my first thread. After a few minutes of that my game lagged out completely. The game said "selecting new host" which is something that it doesnt do anymore as it's on dedicated servers (it used to be p2p). This happened twice then I called it quits and got off.

In the past when Ive had these more severe issues, Ive spoken with teammates and the opposing team and they say it's all on my end-- that the game feels fine for them, but that my player will be rubberbanding and walking into walls. It's been a long time since Ive experienced these problems (not to be confused with the normal stuttering and instability I suspect is from electricity--which I still experience often). Because this happened the same night as the ports overloading/disconnecting, Im wondering if it's related.

I could get a new motherboard but my game has issues on every pc in my house.

The game is Halo MCC.