Possible solution to dirty electricity (EMI/RFI) in common homes

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
BigBoi

Possible solution to dirty electricity (EMI/RFI) in common homes

Post by BigBoi » 03 Nov 2021, 00:14

I may have found a universal solution to this widespread issue. Smart electric meters. Where I live (Quebec, Canada), 98% of all electric meters have been replaced with smart meters (this deployment started back in 2014) which are used to measure electric consumption and send this information real time to electric companies using radio frequency waves. Smart meters are known to contribute significantly to the levels of dirty electricity in a home. This is due to the repeated spikes and surges of higher frequencies of electricity that run throughout every circuit of a home with a smart meter. Thankfully enough, here we have the option to opt out of this and replace our meter with the old one (manual) where instead someone from my electric company would have to check the meter to estimate electric consumption for the bill. I will be calling my electric company tomorrow and replace mine with the old one. I will keep you guys updated on this matter. I'd suggest you guys also check up on this.

nyxo100

Re: Possible solution to dirty electricity (EMI/RFI) in common homes

Post by nyxo100 » 03 Nov 2021, 00:35

please update us makes sense to me im 100% sure this is a electrical issue too

wadge

Post by wadge » 03 Nov 2021, 09:54

make sense to me too. i'm looking to buy a lithium power station to test.
I'm already on fiber so i would just have to plug my modem and pc on the power station to check if it help

Plznoinputlag

Post by Plznoinputlag » 03 Nov 2021, 11:17

BigBoi wrote: ↑
03 Nov 2021, 00:14
I may have found a universal solution to this widespread issue. Smart electric meters. Where I live (Quebec, Canada), 98% of all electric meters have been replaced with smart meters (this deployment started back in 2014) which are used to measure electric consumption and send this information real time to electric companies using radio frequency waves. Smart meters are known to contribute significantly to the levels of dirty electricity in a home. This is due to the repeated spikes and surges of higher frequencies of electricity that run throughout every circuit of a home with a smart meter. Thankfully enough, here we have the option to opt out of this and replace our meter with the old one (manual) where instead someone from my electric company would have to check the meter to estimate electric consumption for the bill. I will be calling my electric company tomorrow and replace mine with the old one. I will keep you guys updated on this matter. I'd suggest you guys also check up on this.
i iust bought very old meter and im waiting for the electrician to come and connect it for me,
all what u said its makes sense cuse ive read a lot of smart meters that causing high radiation and all this stuff but u always suspected the wiring, grounding etc.
i checked my pc in other place and it worked flawless and i checked the meter and it was very old so now i just need to give a try. sorry for my english, ill update after the replacement

delve

Post by delve » 03 Nov 2021, 16:06

not for me, switching from old to new made very little difference, problem is/was present with both meters.

Plznoinputlag

Post by Plznoinputlag » 03 Nov 2021, 16:20

delve wrote: ↑
03 Nov 2021, 16:06
not for me, switching from old to new made very little difference, problem is/was present with both meters.
your is 100% electrical issues?

BigBoi

Post by BigBoi » 03 Nov 2021, 20:04

When was it switched? Doesn't matter if it's new or old it's about it being a smart meter or not.

Plznoinputlag

Post by Plznoinputlag » 03 Nov 2021, 23:25

03 Nov 2021, 20:04
When did you make the switch? Doesn't matter if one is new or old as long as they aren't smart meters.

mine is fixed holy shit

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 04 Nov 2021, 03:28

Plznoinputlag wrote: ↑
03 Nov 2021, 23:25
When did you make the switch? Doesn't matter if one is new or old as long as they aren't smart meters.

mine is fixed holy shit
U fixed it by switching from smart to dumb meter? Keep testing it more

Plznoinputlag

Post by Plznoinputlag » 04 Nov 2021, 06:17

Mugabi wrote: ↑
04 Nov 2021, 03:28
Plznoinputlag wrote: ↑
03 Nov 2021, 23:25

mine is fixed holy shit
U fixed it by switching from smart to dumb meter? Keep testing it more
i changed to very old electric meter(manual) not smart and the input lag are gone. for now its all good