Need help :/ reinstalled OS after years and now I get terrible eye fatigue, headache

There are over 100 ergonomic issues from displays, far more than just flicker and blue light. This forum covers the giant variety of display ergonomics issues.
rizzlah34

Need help :/ reinstalled OS after years and now I get terrible eye fatigue, headache

Post by rizzlah34 » 30 Dec 2022, 04:24

Hello guys, came here to seek help. I've recently reinstalled my OS after years, now I just can't get my monitor right. I was using combination of monitor OSD and AMD Adrenaline Color control, now it seems impossible to replicate that settings and I get terrible eye strain is that even possible? It's the same monitor I was using before XV272U https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/ ... kvbmiiprzx.

Before my image was kinda dim but still you could see everything, colors were great and video wasn't too washed out. Now I just can't get it right, white is too white(bright) and greys, blacks are too dark, maybe that's the cause of eye strain however if I lower brightness further more then I can't see anything, turning down contrast doesn't help either only makes colors washed out, gamma doesn't help either. Also have to note that my colors were warmer not really much but now to get to that I have to set color temperature to 5500K, I had 6500K before and the image was still easier I don't get it.

I have no clue what the hell, now I get terrible eye fatigue, headache even nausea.

Tried:

- Fiddling with contrast, brightness, gamma, frequency, color temperature
- Different frequencies
- Different monitor (i know this is not the issue as I was fine before the reinstall, was using that monitor daily)
- Different GPU
- Different ambient lighting
- Windows Calibration Tool
- Internet Picture calibration

Logically this has to be something with the settings as I was completely fine before... please help :/
Last edited by rizzlah34 on 30 Dec 2022, 07:28, edited 1 time in total.

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Need help :/ reinstalled OS after years and now I get terrible eye fatigue, headache

Post by RealNC » 30 Dec 2022, 06:03

rizzlah34 wrote:
30 Dec 2022, 04:24
Now I just can't get it right, white is too white(bright) and greys, blacks are too dark
Sounds like you have activated "limited color range" output from the GPU, while the monitor itself is full range. Check your nvidia control panel:

SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

rizzlah34

Re: Need help :/ reinstalled OS after years and now I get terrible eye fatigue, headache

Post by rizzlah34 » 30 Dec 2022, 06:25

RealNC wrote:
30 Dec 2022, 06:03
rizzlah34 wrote:
30 Dec 2022, 04:24
Now I just can't get it right, white is too white(bright) and greys, blacks are too dark
Sounds like you have activated "limited color range" output from the GPU, while the monitor itself is full range. Check your nvidia control panel:

I have an AMD card, checked this first in their panel, it's set up correctly to PC Standard Full RGB (0-255)

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 30 Dec 2022, 06:39

rizzlah34 wrote:
30 Dec 2022, 06:25
I have an AMD card, checked this first in their panel, it's set up correctly to PC Standard Full RGB (0-255)
Maybe then it's set to limited in the monitor's OSD?
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

rizzlah34

Post by rizzlah34 » 30 Dec 2022, 07:06

It's correct there. Something is wrong, even if I reset monitor settings and AMD color control, it should be pretty accurate out of the box however whites are too bright and if I lower brightness then everything else looks dull and it's unusable, same with the Rtings.com calibration, tried to find a balance but no luck. Now I wonder what has changed compared to my previous settings before the reinstall....

rizzlah34

Post by rizzlah34 » 31 Dec 2022, 18:31

What I am starting to notice is that my eyes were probably so used to that one settings (which I can't sadly get right) so anything else is giving me strains but it's getting better I think, my eyes are probably getting adjusted? I hope, fingers crossed.

First day everything looked so dark and bright, now it's getting different without me changing anything.

Using 18 (50 default) Brightness and 50 Contrast (50 default) during the day and 13 Brightness /30 Contrast during the night.