Blur Busters Forum Happy Forum Guidelines
We are still a new forum! This forums covers everything under our motto, Everything Better Than 60Hz™
Blur Busters Forums launched December 2013. This forum has quickly become one of the most unusually intelligent discussion forums about high end gaming displays on the Internet. Few rules have been established thus far. Yet, people are remarkably well-behaved around here despite the lack of forum rules. These are mostly guidelines, rather than hard-and-fast rules. Better safe than sorry; as we aren't a darknet forum. So we are creating very reasonable, lightweight forum-specific guidelines and rules! We hate setting too many rules, but obviously, a few reasonable rules are needed to prevent the place from becoming unpleasant. Keep things ship shape, make things tick-tock better, makes this place a happier place. We like this being the ultimate geek hangout for "better than 60Hz" technology, attracting technically minded people and their admirers.
This Forum Is Welcoming
- Behave nice and courteous
- We prefer to err on the side of creativity.
- We welcome intelligent reviewers from other sites.
- We welcome intelligent game bloggers.
- We welcome game developers.
- We welcome display engineers.
- We welcome scientists and researchers.
- We make newbies feel welcome.
- We welcome relevant company reps, display companies, game companies, to help users as a responsible "tech support" role.
- We are OK with reasonable amount of welcomed link posting (Example: sharknice and his link to eliteownage.com)
- One link in signature is okay.
- Posting reasonably occasional links to your gaming blog is fine at Blur Busters. We do not consider it spam, as long as it is content that our users want, and is not an obvious attempt to sell (e.g. like your own online shopping site).
Some Very Light And Resonable Rules
- No spamming (of the viagara fame, nigeria fame, etc).
- No classified ads, no buy/sell/trade ads.
- No fighting, no flaming, no name calling.
- No direct affiliate links. Affiliate codes are automatically removed/replaced.
- No trouble making, no wanton flame baiting, no major controversy that sparks impolite argument/escalation.
- No shaming/scolding of other forum members, including to newbies asking common/silly questions.
- No NFSW content (for now). Don't worry, mainstream videogames are not NSFW
- No generally making this forum unpleasant. Be nice and courteous.
- We err on the side of keeping you a forum member. We want bans to be rare, but we may edit & tone-down rude/unpleasant posts.
Be polite and helpful
- Please help newbies politely.
- If you see duplicate thread or repeat question, be helpful anyway. Even if it's just a polite link.
- If you see a post you know the answer to, go ahead and reply! Save Chief Blur Buster (me) time.
- Don't overload Chief Blur Buster (me). Where possible, please POST your questions publicly, not by PM.
- The famous replies by Chief Blur Busters, while often quick, is not guaranteed quick (this Forum isn't the chief's main job). I can be generous with fast replies in bursts, but sometimes I get busy, and sometimes I disappear for days at a time, doing other full time work.
No Abuse of PMs
- Where possible, please send only one new PM per day to Chief Blur Buster. (Unless it's a reply to a brand new PM, or an emergency such as a forum malfunction).
- The forum is too big/busy for Chief Blur Buster to always reply to all threads. Replies to threads are not guaranteed on this volunteer-run forum. Other moderators or other forum members will pitch in.
Posts are subject to edits (usually minor) that enhance the forum.
- Confusing/incomplete topic titles is often helpfully edited to improve clarity. [usually within brackets]
- If heavy advertising/pimping of usefully relevant sites is noticed, we may ask you to become a paid sponsor of Blur Busters Forums. Or send me a PM.
- If multiple people say you are spamming (but not unamiously), we may ask you to tone things down and/or we may edit your posts to tone down pimping.
- NFSW content may be bleeped out. We love some of them, but the parents (of some otherwise intelligent, mature 17-year old members) might throw a fit at me, you know? So, just focus on the other fun Blur Busters stuff.
- Widely disliked spam/violations may be deleted/closed. (e.g. repeatedly pimping cross posted duplicate links daily)
- Other edits may occur, on a case-to-case basis. We try to avoid edits where possible, but we like to do edits that makes this forum a nicer & happier place.
- Vigorous debate is totally welcome! But be courteous/polite. We like "Understandable observations, but did you consider this variable..." rather than rudely as "What misguided observations, you are totally wrong, because". Please see above.
Be Nice Around Here And You'll Be Okay
-- Some of these rules have never been broken at Blur Busters before, because forum members around here are generally far more cordial than the average forum. We try to greatly err on the side of caution, but as the forum expands, it is quite possible that some forum members may try to make things unpleasant around here. If that happens, just send me (or another moderator) a PM.
-- Generally, we do our best to always avoid perma-bans where possible, except in very extenuating circumstances, where a single forum member makes life unpleasant for multiple people at Blur Busters, and ignored warnings. Or has done obvious widely-unwanted spamming (Kitchen renovations/chinese herb/viagara spambots) that warrants an immediate ban on first post.
-- Temporary bans may occur at any time (e.g. if a forum member repeatedly hurts multiple peoples' feelings) to try to "settle things down". Do not take offense if you got temporary banned, you're welcome back if you calm down & re-read the above. Okay? You might be asked to re-read the above, and answer some simple fun skill-testing questions about forum rules.
-- From time to time, I sometimes look for experienced forum moderators. Sometimes we also look for blog/article writers/testers/reviewers. Preference is given to those people who have extreme interest in Blur Busters knowledge. I like people who already has the ability to answer the famous "Blur Busters" flavor of questions, such as understanding how strobe backlights work. Want a bit of Blur Busters fame? Send me a PM/email of your moderator CV and blogger/review site experience.
-- Feel Free To Help Out. This forum is moderated by volunteers. If you already know a good answer to a thread, you're encouraged to reply without waiting for others to reply first.
Mind you, these rules will dynamically change over time, as necessary
...to keep Blur Busters Forums a fun and happy geek hangout!
Thank you so much,
Chief Blur Buster