Account Deletion

Tell us suggestions about improving Blur Busters Forums. This includes this forum and other parts of Blur Busters.

Account Deletion

Postby Edmond » 04 Oct 2015, 07:39

How do i delete my account?

Cant find where or where to ask support to do it for me.

@ a mod reading this - please permadelete my account with all its info (posts can stay if its too hard to remove them, i dont care about those)
nothing personal, just dont need what i dont use

p.s. i had to post here... getting no responses in support
Edmond

Re: Account Deletion

Postby w00p00 » 04 Oct 2015, 10:41

Just stop visiting the forum o.0
w00p00

Postby spacediver » 05 Oct 2015, 01:18

We won't remove posts, as users' posts are an integral part of the body of information that forums such as these represent.

Not sure I can delete your account. I can ban you if you wish, but I don't know why you'd want that.

Is there anything in particular that is troubling you? Are you receiving forum related emails that you don't want, or something?
spacediver

Postby Falkentyne » 05 Oct 2015, 02:01

Check his other threads.
He was extremely hostile, calling people names, harassing people who like backlight strobing, you name it.
Falkentyne

Postby Edmond » 05 Oct 2015, 05:47

spacediver wrote:We won't remove posts, as users' posts are an integral part of the body of information that forums such as these represent.

Not sure I can delete your account. I can ban you if you wish, but I don't know why you'd want that.

Is there anything in particular that is troubling you? Are you receiving forum related emails that you don't want, or something?

Im fine with posts staying. I just want my account gone... entirely. I am sure there is a way to do it without the "ban" route. Please help me out.
Its nothing personal or anything. I just dont need what i dont use.

w00p00 wrote:Just stop visiting the forum o.0

You dont understand the mindset of someone who wants their profile deleted.
Comments like yours are meaningless 100% of the time for these issues. Just so you know.
Edmond

Postby spacediver » 05 Oct 2015, 10:45

Edmond wrote:
spacediver wrote:

That makes no sense whatsoever. I'm just going to ban the account.
spacediver

Postby Strangerbob » 05 Oct 2015, 15:14

spacediver wrote:
Edmond wrote:
spacediver wrote:

That makes no sense whatsoever. I'm just going to ban the account.

Then it wont make sense to you. Ye, its Edmond.
Was it so incredibly hard to delete that profile i asked? Not ban. But DELETE.

I cant believe this was too much to ask. Why do you make me keep bothering you or the Chief until you DELETE the profile "Edmond" from your system?
Strangerbob

Postby spacediver » 05 Oct 2015, 19:08

I already explained I can't do that. As in, it's not possible. Understand? I'm banning your strangerbob account. Multiple accounts are not welcome here.
spacediver

Postby Chief Blur Buster » 08 Oct 2015, 22:02

Hey,

I apologize for not addressing this quickly sooner.
For quicker contact, I'm reachable via the About/Contact of Blur Busters -- squad[at]blurbusters.com

I did some research, since this is the first time in history that a user has ever asked to delete an account at Blur Busters. I wasn't sure it was possible at all. But some good news; I found a way to delete an account while keeping posts, but it requires full admin access (not just Moderator access). For future, spacediver already has my phone # for texting during emergencies.

Edmond, your deletion request (while keeping posts) has now been honoured.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter!
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Return to Forum Help & Suggestions