UFO Tests - troubleshooting issue

Forum registration problems? Need help with creating a post? Want to send suggestions of improvements to Blur Busters Forums? Tell us here!
trey31

UFO Tests - troubleshooting issue

Post by trey31 » 26 Feb 2014, 17:56

On the http://www.testufo.com/#test=frameskipping pages, near the bottom on the left where it says " *Problems? Check Your Browser " there is a rollover menu with bulletpoint items related to troubleshooting issues with the tests. A new line should be added there. Something like "If the tests worked previously, but no longer appear to, try exiting and restarting your browser."

The specific browser is Chrome. The issue was that I used ToastyX's Driver Restart application (http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Threa ... tility-CRU; under Quick Start, listed in item #5) to load a different driver, and I had Chrome on before I did that. So after trying to test frame skipping on some random resolutions/refresh rates, they all showed 60hz & valid, but with obvious frame skipping. I refreshed the page, clicked on other tests, and closed the tab and opened a new one. Needless to say I spent a fair amount of time going "duuuh, what?" before it dawned on me that I hadn't rebooted windows and instead used the Driver Restart tool (which works as advertised, ToastyX rocks.) So I exited Chrome and went back in and all was well.

So anyway, I just thought a reminder there might save someone some time.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: UFO Tests - troubleshooting issue

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 26 Feb 2014, 19:28

Hey --

Thanks for the tip! Noted.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

trey31

Re: UFO Tests - troubleshooting issue

Post by trey31 » 26 Feb 2014, 22:04

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Hey --

Thanks for the tip! Noted.
No problem. Your UFO tests are the cat's pajamas man.

Also, I think I might have figured out what the issue was with the frame-doubling at 88hz on the frame skipping test photos I took of the Vizio a while back. I think the actual refresh may have been something like 88.500 or 88.250 which possibly caused the frame doubling every few frames. I saw the frame doubling in a photo again today while testing 3200x1800 at 50.750hz or 50.545hz or 50.250hz. I tested all three of those and I'm not sure which one the photo was of. But either way I've yet to see the panel skip any frames below 120hz, just the occasional double frame in some of the photos.