Blurbusters Website down? [Now back up]

Forum registration problems? Need help with creating a post? Want to send suggestions of improvements to Blur Busters Forums? Tell us here!
sheepdog16

Blurbusters Website down? [Now back up]

Post by sheepdog16 » 20 Apr 2014, 19:28

Hello there.

Just registered as a user (but not a noob when it comes to high refresh rates).

Anywyas, I noticed for the past few days that the blurbusters website appears to be down, in that there is no "live" version of the site up. So I can't look at the news stories published in detail, or download the Benq Blur reduction utility (I NEED IT! Lol). Forgive me if this has already been addressed, but I've went through some of the forum topics and Chief Blur Buster's Twitter feeds, and cannot seem anyone else asking about it. Maybe it's me and my interent, who knows.

EDIT: I noticed that on March 19th, that the Chief posted on Twitter that the site was down, but then within hours, back online. Maybe down again?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Blurbusters Website down? [Now back up]

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 20 Apr 2014, 19:36

Moved this thread to the "Forum Help" area.

The Blur Busters website is up and running on my end.
It hasn't gone down today at all.

Can you try accessing the website on your smartphone (iPhone, Android) and see if it works?
If it works, then it is possible your ISP that has some routing issue.
Which ISP, which country are you trying to access from?
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

sheepdog16

Post by sheepdog16 » 20 Apr 2014, 20:45

Hey Chief.

Thanks for getting back so quickly.
Anyways, I did try to use my Galaxy S3 Phone, and didn't work at first. What I didn't do was use my 4G service, instead of my WiFi Internet. Once I did use my 4G service, the website was actually just fine. I guess it must be my internet service, although I've visited it numerous times just recently, without any sort of change to my service.

Btw, my ISP is AT&T Uverse internet, 12Megabits/s Down, and about 2 Megabits/s up, from Southern California.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 21 Apr 2014, 20:06

I will investigate this week -- and see what issue may be at play (e.g. AT&T routing, or some automatic DDoS filter automatically protecting the site against hackers that are on the same "block" of IP address subnet as you are -- e.g. people in the same city as you are -- sometimes there's accidental auto-blockage by the automated program, I don't even know about. Apologies if this is the case. Other times, it is an ISP doing it.)

Let me find out.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

sheepdog16

Post by sheepdog16 » 22 Apr 2014, 04:42

Hey again chief.

Thanks so much for taking an interest in this issue of mine. I don't expect you to solve/figure out the issue at all though, I just thought that the site was actually down, but fortunately, its not. Just my Internet from AT&T Uverse being an idiot.

Anyways, I was able to use my smartphone's 4G service to download the Benq Blur Reduction Installation Execution utility, then transfer it to my computer hard drive. Now I'm simply waiting for my XL2411Z monitor to show up this week hopefully. I ordered it directly from the Benq store, which to my understanding guarantees the V2 firmware for the XL2411Z, Xl2420Z, and XL2720Z monitors according to your earlier posts.

I truly hope I do get the V2 firmware. I did use the VG248QE Lightboost tech for abit, and LOVED IT, but since the colors were quite washed out, I went to the Yamakasi Catleap 1440P 120Hz monitor for its color, despite motion blur. Now, with Benq's Blur reduction, I hope to get the best of both worlds: Decent colors, AND Little motion blur (no 1440P though, but doesn't bother me). Also, I love that the Blur reduction works on not just the high refresh rates, but also sub 100Hz rates (albeit, I know that the lower the refresh, the higher the flickering, especially at 60Hz according to you).

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 22 Apr 2014, 10:16

Regarding Z-Series
Yes, the Z-Series will have a much better quality, with Version 2 combined with the Vertical Total tweak. The colors of TN panels will need some work, since IPS panels are often better than TN. However, it will blow away the colors of LightBoost on VG248QE. The only one better is the Eizo FG2421 (VA panel with Turbo240). The flexibility of BENQ Blur Reduction (adjustable persistence and ability to work at any refresh rate from 60Hz through 144Hz) is currently the best on the market, if you are okay with the colors of TN panels.

Regarding your AT&T connection temporarily not loading Blur Busters
I checked, and there is no record of a local auto-block on your IP address that you are currently using for Blur Busters Forums.
You could "Tether" your smartphone to your laptop, and do everything you need on your laptop. (Check your PM)
AT&T seems to temporarily block a lot of sites on hosting services as accidental collateral damage when they are trying to block certain sites (e.g. DDoS attacks on other sites at the same hosting service I am on). Perhaps this is what happened.

Hope this helps!

sheepdog16

Post by sheepdog16 » 22 Apr 2014, 16:00

Your advice helps out greatly!!

Thanks so much again Chief. I, along with everyone else, are truly grateful of your volunteer service that you do for this forum and community of blur-free users.