Acer GN 246 Lightboost hack support?

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
ImJLu

Re: Acer GN 246 Lightboost hack support?

Post by ImJLu » 29 Jun 2015, 19:46

I'm not sure what you mean by "locked out of the OSD." The only thing I can think of is this: http://i.imgur.com/eCrroMx.png which I'm definitely not locked out of. What are you referring to?

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 29 Jun 2015, 22:14

I mean, locked out of the color, brightness and gamma settings, overdrive, sharpness, etc.

chronosXIII

Post by chronosXIII » 30 Dec 2016, 23:42

Sorry for reviving this thread - but I found it is the most informative one on this monitor! I am also locked out of this setting, is there anything I can do to get into it? I am trying to get lightboost to work
https://i.imgur.com/lJWsgxP.jpg

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 03 Jan 2017, 02:35

Strobelight won't work.
You will need to use another LightBoost hack method at www.blurbusters.com/lightboost/howto ....

(e.g. The EDID override method, or another method)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

drmcninja

Post by drmcninja » 18 May 2017, 04:31

I have a GN246HL, I installed strobelight beta 4 (ran the setup exe), enabled a 120Hz strobed mode. And when I go into that strobed mode (and light turns green instead of blue), I can alter the Nvidia setting from monitor's on-screen menu and raise or lower the brightness under the Nvidia 3D Lightboost setting. Is this the total range of brightness alteration possible? Does making it brighter add more input lag? Is there anything I'm missing by not being able to run strobelight.exe?