Lightboost is causing my monitor to buzz

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Dew

Lightboost is causing my monitor to buzz

Post by Dew » 04 Nov 2014, 17:30

There's an audible buzzing sound coming from the 3d emitter at the top of my VG278H when lightboost is enabled and it silences when I disable lightboost. Is this normal or is it a sign that the monitor is on the way out? I think I would have noticed it before but I usually have headphones on to muffle the sound so I'm not 100% sure if it's new or not.

Edit: After some googling I found some results from others complaining about the same problem. Not sure how i missed them before.

Falkentyne

Re: Lightboost is causing my monitor to buzz

Post by Falkentyne » 04 Nov 2014, 18:06

It's definitely NOT the monitor, because all lightboost monitors can work without the 3d emitter.
You can usually use toastyX's strobelight to get it working, but if you are using a Benq Z series monitor or some of the newest 3d vision monitors, strobelight won't work, but using the "inf override' with the '3d vision emulator' zip file (which do require an Nvidia gpu), and creating a custom resolution of 120hz with 1149 vertical total should also unlock lightboost (which can then be enabled by using a 1138 VT for 100hz or 1149 VT for 120hz).

Could just be an emitter issue.