ASUS VG248QE Issues

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
jtg0285

ASUS VG248QE Issues

Post by jtg0285 » 08 Mar 2015, 13:05

Hey guys/gals,

I have a VG248QE that I purchased solely because I found this website after YEARS of being pissed off at LCD refresh rates. I had ToastyX simple utility that I had working for several months. Recently, I noticed some jitters that reminded me of my angry days, so I loaded the UFO test.

UFO confirmed my strobing was not working anymore. I reinitialized my display with no luck. I went and did a CRU install following word for word on the how-to guide. Everything checks out, but I am still getting a ghost/blur on the 120 FPS line and the scrolling photo/text. On the scrolling text, 120 and 60 FPS looks the same. This was not the case when I first purchased/installed Toasty's utility (6 months ago).

I am lost and have no idea what to do at this point. Based on the photos at http://www.blurbusters.com/faq/60vs120vslb/ - I am sitting at around 8ms, which tells me I am just benefiting from 120hz, not proper strobing.

Any Guidance would be amazing!