Best 27" that has Light Boost/ ULMB

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
TheSeanis

Best 27" that has Light Boost/ ULMB

Post by TheSeanis » 29 Jun 2015, 15:56

I think for the time being I'm going to stick with 1080p. I already have two VG248QE and I love them and plan on continuing to use them as peripheral screens. I originally had the PG278Q (ROG Swift) and the XL2730Z (BenQ 1440p).

Both, however, have their issues for me. The Asus has some serious quality control issues. The kind of stuff you hear about on the forums, the nightmares you read in the reviews. Mine crapped out on me and Amazon was gracious enough to take it back. I immediately purchased the BenQ to replace it (after deciding I didnt want to deal with quality control problems again). Admittedly, I preferred the Asus more than the BenQ. The XL2730Z is a fantastic monitor but I have no ambition to support AMD graphics cards. The Free-Sync compatibility issue with Nvidia cards makes it a bit of a pain in the ass.

On one hand, I liked the Asus more, I liked the G-Sync, etc. Quality issues are a problem. I dont want to spend almost a thousand dollars on something that has to be RMA'd constantly. The BenQ did seem like it had better colors, but the Free-Sync is essentially dead weight for me, I'm an Nvidia owner and more than likely future buyer.

My last point: Ghosting

I know that you'll have some crosstalk and ghosting issues on 27" panels. I didnt particularly mind it on the BenQ as it didnt seem severe but it was more than I was used to. It seemed to have more than the Asus Swift. I'm considering getting a 27" 1080p panel but I want as little ghosting as humanly possible. Any recommendations?

Thanks guys

Steeps

Re: Best 27" that has Light Boost/ ULMB

Post by Steeps » 02 Jul 2015, 19:13

TheSeanis wrote: The Free-Sync compatibility issue with Nvidia cards makes it a bit of a pain in the ass.
Uh... what? I have said monitor and a GTX 680 with zero problems.

TheSeanis

Re: Best 27" that has Light Boost/ ULMB

Post by TheSeanis » 09 Jul 2015, 12:21

There are two monitors mentioned in there. The ASUS Swift which has GSYNC (Nvidia) and the BenQ which has Free-Sync (AMD). I think you misread it.