lightboost utility not working vg248qe

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
TheSeanis

lightboost utility not working vg248qe

Post by TheSeanis » 13 Jul 2015, 03:06

I have reinitialized the displays and gone through the setup multiple times. For some reason, randomly, light boost will not turn on for either of my vg248qe's. The utility says it's engaged, but it's not. Also, if I try to change the brightness with the utility there is zero change.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Maximus_Fleximus

Re: lightboost utility not working vg248qe

Post by Maximus_Fleximus » 13 Jul 2015, 13:46

Could it be in-game settings ? Meaning you have the refresh frequency in some games set to 144 hz , so when you start up that game , you lose lightboost ?

Shake

Post by Shake » 25 Jul 2015, 00:29

Try opening up nvidia control panel and making sure your monitors are set to 120hz (or whatever frequency you specified when you setup the utility)

random

Post by random » 29 Aug 2015, 02:07

Something happened to my PC and i got no idea what.
It happened after i disconnected everything to clean up the pc (air the dust out) and installed back only asus 248qe monitor , previously i was also running a HDTV, but i connected it to y HTPC now.

120hz lightboost doesnt work for me correctly anymore.

I see 120hz set in the nvidia control panel.
I see the horizontal lines on the monitor so i know lightboost is turned on

When i test ufo motion Chrome runs in 60hz. When i start CSGO i still have motion blur.

-checked monitor connection ... dvi-i or dvi-d , all the same, doesnt work
-power options on highest in windows and in nvidia control panel
-only 120hz strobbed installed for the monitor
-tryed fresh installing the video cards drivers, installed 3D controlers and 3D work with the glasses

... nothing seems to work

EDIT; installed firefox ... it works correctly with strobelights at 120hz, ufo test pass OK

i still got stutter in firefox on moving picture ...

i found out that it has to do something with HDMI cable and HDTV, only when both are connected, my asus via dvi and my tv thru HDMI its working correctly, otherwise i get stutter ... wtf

wtf is going on here :S