Lightboost Colour problem.

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Exowar

Lightboost Colour problem.

Post by Exowar » 22 Jul 2015, 05:27

I have read and reviewed most peoples ideas to fixing the colour problem with lightboost. I have an asus vg248qe non g-sync modified monitor. With lightboost off Ive been able to get my colours to look perfect for me as in the white looks Bright white and everything else looks good colour wise. no washout not to dim etc.

For non lightboost i use the original icc profile that came with the disk for the monitor i also installed the security certificate and the ini file that makes the pc recognise the monitor model.

for settings non lightboost i have standard mode 75 brightness 80 contrast color temp normal. Tracefree 40. These are the best settings for me personally as following other guides like pcmonitors guide and icc etc just dont seem to work for mine as they produce slightly red tinge or lilac tinge with chromes white background i tend to use chromes white as my reference color to decide if its white enough or not.

Now onto my problem when i turn on lightboost i feel as if the colors are too warm or red/yellowish. I cant seem to replicate the white crisp color i get with it off. Ive tried the usual nvidia setting 52-45-0.70. and vibrance whether lightboost or normal is always either 45-50 this is to allow to differentiate every color square within the scale on the calibration picture.

Im not sure which icc profile to use with lightboost i tried one from somewhere that said lightboost 10% however that made no difference maybe because i am using lightboost 120hz 100% if anyone has any ideas what im doing wrong or has any other info other than pcmonitor info or tomshardware guides i would be grateful.