[SOLVED] Howto VG248qe+Optimus Lightboost

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
MrBacon

[SOLVED] Howto VG248qe+Optimus Lightboost

Post by MrBacon » 20 Aug 2015, 20:12

About this topic (old post): http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1285

Hey Guys,

My story is that i bought a VG248qe and i have a Optimus Nvidia gtx 850m Notebook. So i want to enable the lightboost and the only way to do it is to use a desktop Pc with a Nvidia graphics card.

I just tried for weeks to get a Nvidia graphics card for my desktop Pc. :evil:
So finally i found one and i enabled Lightboost on my Desktop Pc and the Monitor.

Now the last thing i have to do is to make a custom resolution with the Intel graphics driver!! :!:

But i dont know HOW?! :lol: :lol:

There was an How To introduction in the post i mentionend in the beginning.
You can see what i have to fill in in the small written part of the post ("link").

Please help me to get a custom Resolution 1080p mode with a Vertical Total of 1147 or 1149.

[Edit]: I finally got it to work. All people with an Optimus Notebook. HURRAY!! :D :D

You have to fill in the Numbers from the ToastyX Utility:
Open ToastyX... Import the lightboost.bin file...Open (klick on edit) the 120Hz Resolution....And here read the Numbers for
Active, Front porch, Back porch, Sync width and fill it in in the intel graphics custom Resolution advanced settings. Fill in 120Hz on Refresh rate.

Important!!!: On horizontal total 2080 and on vertical horizontal it is 1207 not 1147 or 1149!