Lightboost/ULMB & multiple monitors?

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
dsiOne

Lightboost/ULMB & multiple monitors?

Post by dsiOne » 30 Oct 2015, 00:12

I'm planning on upgrading to dual monitors this winter, but a big stumbling block I'm running into is how I'm going to keep this fantastic near blurless setup I have with a single LightBoosted XL2420TX. It appears that since 3D glasses have died (and good riddance!), lightboost has died with it and my only options are used monitors there, but I've found that nVidia has rolled the tech into G-Sync as ULMB mode. That's great, but what problems will I be running into with a mixed setup of a g-sync and non-g-sync monitor? Can I just run one monitor in ULMB or is it an all or nothing thing?

From what I've read even if I do pick up an old lightboost monitor I see that I'm going to have to open it up and modify it to get multiple monitors running that. But could I just run a single monitor with lightboost in a multiple display environment?