Can't tell if lightboost is working in game.

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
KiryuX3

Can't tell if lightboost is working in game.

Post by KiryuX3 » 02 Dec 2015, 22:04

So I got light boost set up on my new ASUS vg248qe using the double link dvi cable that came with it. Currently I have the lightboost setup with 120 hz strobbed at 10% and no nonstrobbed so lightboost is on at all times. It works great and I can see a clear color difference from having no lightboost on. The problem comes in when I try to play certain games in full screen. When I go to full screen the colors seem to go back to normal, however while in game in full screen I can press the menu button on my monitor and see the "3D-Mode" at the top right corner of the menu. If I'm web browsing, playing in windowed/full screen windowed mode, or on my desktop lightboost works fine. Does "3D-Mode" mean that lightboost is currently running?
I tried to change my light boost settings to include nonstrobbed 144hz, but I'm getting the same exact issue. The only difference this time is that "3D-Mode" is not shown on my monitor menu when I am in full screen in a game.