XB270H Abprz ULMB corona

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
ELK

Re: XB270H Abprz ULMB corona

Post by ELK » 23 Feb 2016, 11:36

AustinClark wrote:
Falkentyne wrote:All of them do.
The XB270HU (the IPS monitor) has very low amounts at 85hz (better than the ROG Swift) but IPS monitors don't usually push overdrive levels as high as TN panels. So the coronas will be lower. Unfortunately, you can't adjust overdrive intensity on any ULMB monitor; you're stuck with what you are given.

On the old Asus Lightboost monitors (VG248QE/VG278H) you could adjust part of the overdrive gain through the service menu, which worked in Lightboost mode.
I have the TN version of the XB270HU, and I also get REALLY bad coronas in ULMB mode. Even at 85Hz. Tried changing the pulse-width too, and still no help. Such a massive shame. It's completely useless as it stands.
How do you change the pulse-width?

Mine is also the TN version. Title says XB270H Abprz. He was comparing our TN to the IPS because the IPS model has less overvoltage thus less coronas.

I'm now having a new problem with ULMB. I can see the screen flashing at 120hz ULMB, or of course lower hertz of ulmb. I get a headache very quick, and I don't get them very easily. I can cross eye free view, or do other straining tasks with my eyes and never get a headache. This is the exact effect a 60hz CRT has on me, and it looks just like one (~50% of people get headaches from CRT@60hz).

I should really get my CRT repaired and run 1600x1200@100hz.