BENQ XL2411Z Strobe brightness way too low(CS:GO)

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
kukuboy

BENQ XL2411Z Strobe brightness way too low(CS:GO)

Post by kukuboy » 04 Mar 2016, 21:57

Hello, im new to tweaking these settings but i followed all the correct steps and got the Strobe Utility/Blur reduction working, i absolutely loved how the game felt, just like my old CRT almost. I did the ''1350'' tweak etc. I set Persistence to 2ms-3ms and Crosstalk 0. But CS:GO is literally unplayable at this brightness.

How people can play with this? I dont even remember what i tweaked but i got my desktop quite bright somehow for a moment. But when i launch the game, it becomes so dark. Unplayable. I dont know how it looks for you guys, but do people really sacrifice all the brightness for this? Or is something wrong?

I have no idea what i did wrong. Or is it suppose to be this dark. It even forced stretched for me etc and got all things messed up at one point.

I have firmware v4 btw. I dont know really what my question is, what did i do wrong(?) or is this seriously the brightness with the Blur reduction/Strobe Utility?. Because you cant see small targets with this.

TL;DR
>Installed Strobe Utility
>Followed the steps correctly
>CS:GO/Whole monitor is so DARK.
>Cant believe people play with this.
>I got desktop somehow little bit brighter, dont remember even how i turned it brighter.
>Opened CS:GO, dark again.
>Did i do something wrong or is this suppose to be like this?

Edit: So i put Blur Reduction on again, and THEN set my custom res with the tweaks and now desktop looks quite bright. But game is still very dark.

oh, and ofc i tried Gammas/Contrast/brightness etc.

lexlazootin

Re: BENQ XL2411Z Strobe brightness way too low(CS:GO)

Post by lexlazootin » 06 Mar 2016, 09:54

Nope, it's pretty dark.

You could always higher your persistence too make it sightly brighter, and is the brightness cranked up in CS:GO?

kukuboy

Post by kukuboy » 07 Mar 2016, 11:04

lexlazootin wrote:Nope, it's pretty dark.

You could always higher your persistence too make it sightly brighter, and is the brightness cranked up in CS:GO?
Yeah, CS:GO brigtness on max. (1.6).

I just wonder how i got it slightly brighter on desktop but game becomes dark again :/

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 08 Mar 2016, 03:30

Check monitor OSD->System information. If the refresh rate is (incorrectly) reported as 60hz, your VT tweak is working.
If its reported as 100hz, 120hz, 144hz, VT tweak is not working and screen will be dark.
That's all I can say.
Most people with this problem are using Nvidia video cards. I have AMD so I can't help you.

I believe there may be some option for NVCP for something like "preferred refresh rate", use desktop or use highest available. If its set to use highest available, it may be forcing it to 144hz. Try changing it to use desktop settings.

Also if you used Nvidia custom resolution utility to make VT tweak, try removing it and use ToastyX CRU instead. It's more reliable. Look up "monitor_butt"'s posts to see his results when he switched from NVCP to ToastyX.