G-Sync and ULMB at the same time is in fact possible!

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
lexlazootin

Re: G-Sync and ULMB at the same time is in fact possible!

Post by lexlazootin » 12 Oct 2016, 21:01

> windowed full screen

I bet all of the games will run at 2fps. If they do then it sounds like you got the EXACT same effect as me using the Acer monitor spoof. That might mean that you don't need a emitter, you just need that specific Dell monitor.

I was thinking last night that maybe the Dell monitor has like a 'G-Sync 2.0' and they were/are planing to release this as a update or something?

Edit:

> Using Nvidia 3D Vision 2 kit and Windows 10. Used registry tweak to force always on 3D in the desktop.

What reg edit was that? i couldn't get it to work.

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 12 Oct 2016, 22:53

There are different gsync modules.
If you look in the XB270HU or XB271HU service menu (there are google pictures you can find of them but they've been posted on overclock.net), you can see a "G-sync module version" and "Gsync firmware version" in the service menus.

Denonic

Post by Denonic » 13 Oct 2016, 16:52

lexlazootin wrote:What reg edit was that? i couldn't get it to work.
The old lightboost hack where you forced lightboost to work in 2D strobing including the desktop.

Also it worked with borderless window in Overwatch. Was fine in the higher frame rates but was double strobing at 60. Basically useless as once your frames dip the double strobe eliminates any visual benefits of G-Sync.

Was still black screening when going into full screen mode for games. No further luck on my end I'm afraid.

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 15 Oct 2016, 00:18

Falkentyne wrote:There are different gsync modules.
If you look in the XB270HU or XB271HU service menu (there are google pictures you can find of them but they've been posted on overclock.net), you can see a "G-sync module version" and "Gsync firmware version" in the service menus.
Sadly i don't think mine has a service menu, i don't even think the power button turn it off like the 'classic engine', it just turns off/on the backlight.

Does anyone know if Nvidia has the ability to update G-Sync via drivers? because i remember a while ago noticing things being different in my OSD but i wasn't sure.

HenrikE1234

Post by HenrikE1234 » 22 Oct 2016, 18:05

Interesting. Actually, it's f*cking fabulous :) Have you done a review? How can all the sites not be all over this?? :)

Is this the monitor (Dell S2716DG) I should buy then if I want blur free AND G-sync, finally?? :) I.e. over BenQ XL2730Z (pretending that that monitor had G-sync).

Dell. Unexpected and at the same time not (a little anyway).

masterotaku

Post by masterotaku » 24 Oct 2016, 14:51

HenrikE1234 wrote:Interesting. Actually, it's f*cking fabulous :) Have you done a review? How can all the sites not be all over this?? :)
I haven't done a review. Just a few videos showing how it works. I don't know why the big sites aren't talking about it. Probably they don't know about my reddit post or this thread.
HenrikE1234 wrote:Is this the monitor (Dell S2716DG) I should buy then if I want blur free AND G-sync, finally?? :) I.e. over BenQ XL2730Z (pretending that that monitor had G-sync).
Yes. But with Windows 7 and a 3D Vision (or 3D Vision 2) emitter. Unconfirmed on other G-Sync monitors with W7 and the emitter. In fact no one else that has this setup has tried it. I'm going to install the newest drivers in 20 minutes. Let's see if the trick still works.
CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz
GPU: Gainward Phoenix 1080 GLH
RAM: GSkill Ripjaws Z 3866MHz CL19
Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming M5 Z270
Monitor: Asus PG278QR

masterotaku

Post by masterotaku » 24 Oct 2016, 15:27

Confirmed. It still works with the 375.63 drivers. So it wasn't a random drivers bug :).

HenrikE1234

Post by HenrikE1234 » 24 Oct 2016, 16:02

Cool, I'd need a deal on the 3D Vision 2 cos it's $200/out of stock here to test.

Is 3D good now? Cos I have 3D glasses for my current screen and... well it worked, picture was dark, and it didn't add anything to the experience I thought, just made me crosseyed and my eyes tired :)

masterotaku

Post by masterotaku » 24 Oct 2016, 16:10

HenrikE1234 wrote: Is 3D good now? Cos I have 3D glasses for my current screen and... well it worked, picture was dark, and it didn't add anything to the experience I thought, just made me crosseyed and my eyes tired :)
It's really good (99% of the time I play is in 3D). You have to get used to focusing your eyes at different distances. And maybe starting with low depth and increasing it over time (be patient and don't dismiss 3D in a few minutes or days). 100% depth is the best (I use even more with a registry hack). After that, games in 2D will feel flat ;) . 100% of the people who I have shown 3D Vision 2 liked it and were impressed. 0% of them bought the kit when they heard the price, though :lol: .

For unofficial fixes (most likely you will need them), check here:

http://helixmod.blogspot.com.es/
http://helixmod.blogspot.com.es/2013/10 ... dated.html

And for work in progress fixes: https://forums.geforce.com/default/board/49/

I still haven't officially released the Tales of Zestiria fix, for example, but it's on the forums.

YukonTrooper

Post by YukonTrooper » 26 Oct 2016, 00:25

masterotaku wrote:I haven't done a review. Just a few videos showing how it works. I don't know why the big sites aren't talking about it. Probably they don't know about my reddit post or this thread.
You should reach out to Ryan Shrout at PC Perspective. He seems to have a hotline directly to Tom Petersen. Maybe he could squeeze something out of Tom.