Weird problem with ULMB

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
gokutan

Weird problem with ULMB

Post by gokutan » 27 Jul 2016, 11:57

Hello guys ;

I have Philips 272g 144hz g-sync monitor with ulmb..

2 days ago , i faced with wierd problem.

When i open arma 3 and play with ulmb then its fine no problem but when i alt+tab to windows and back to game a few times (when i alt tab i look my mail/ts chat etc..) then my ulmb is still open (when i chk monitor info menu osd it says "its enabled") but brigtness go up and my screen shows wierd color palette and my ulmb is active but not functionable (when i did ghost test)...also when i quit from game and open/close ulmb it doesnt resolve...i roll back my drivers and unplug re plug my monitor from power and display port then it resolves...but in past i didnt have this problem ,i use alt tab much and it was all fine.. it started 2-3 days ago. i setup my computer to my old settings because i guess after i update my latest nvidia drivers this problem started but again i roll back to my old setup but it happens still when i alt tab...

i chk my monitor after i replug and resolve problem my gysnc and ulbm just work fine ?

my card is gtx 970..

ı dont have any problem its perfect working system.. i really dont get it why this problem started...
i didnt chk with other games if that happens or not..

but as i said i dont get it because ulmb is about monitor thing ? i dont think this problem cause of my driver or graphic card ?

any idea and help ?
thank you very much
sorry for bad english

ps: my problem is starting when i do more then a few alt tabs ...not with once alt tab
Last edited by gokutan on 27 Jul 2016, 12:07, edited 1 time in total.

gokutan

Re: Wierd problem about ULMB :/

Post by gokutan » 27 Jul 2016, 12:03

http://oi63.tinypic.com/m34up.jpg

this is my nvidia settings ... i did some tweaks a few days ago after that my problems started...maybe because of that ?

this time i only displug energy cable and re plug and it resolve again..
while i dont have this problem my ulmb refresh rate was 85 , a few days ago also i change my refresh rate to 120hz plus nvidia settings.
Last edited by gokutan on 27 Jul 2016, 13:13, edited 2 times in total.

Q83Ia7ta

Post by Q83Ia7ta » 27 Jul 2016, 12:44

gokutan wrote:http://oi63.tinypic.com/m34up.jpg

this is my nvidia settings ... i did some tweaks a few days ago after that my problems started...maybe because of that ?

while i dont have this problem my ulmb refresh rate was 85 , a few days ago also i change my refresh rate to 120hz plus nvidia settings.
You have "Preferred refresh rate (Philips...): Highest available" try to change it.
And set same resolution and refresh rate at desktop and the game.

gokutan

Post by gokutan » 27 Jul 2016, 13:13

Update : I didnt check with other games because of what i know is ULMB is monitor only tech... but after 1 hour game tests , results are this happens at only arma 3 and i guess because of Apex Update/Expansion pack .. before that i didnt have that problem..

my last question is ? how it can be about game ? isnt ulmb is monitor technology and its about only monitor ? or problems can be cause of game specific ? like mine ?

total war warhammer , witcher 3 etc.. i tested with all of them.. no problem...
i am very happy because i guessed my monitor was broken... =)

gokutan

Post by gokutan » 27 Jul 2016, 22:47

Q83Ia7ta wrote:
gokutan wrote:http://oi63.tinypic.com/m34up.jpg

You have "Preferred refresh rate (Philips...): Highest available" try to change it.
And set same resolution and refresh rate at desktop and the game.
sir then why this problem happens at only arma 3 when i set pref refresh rate highest availabe but other games ?

Q83Ia7ta

Post by Q83Ia7ta » 28 Jul 2016, 03:57

gokutan wrote:sir then why this problem happens at only arma 3 when i set pref refresh rate highest availabe but other games ?
may be arma 3 is shitcoded, sir.

gokutan

Re: Weird problem with ULMB

Post by gokutan » 28 Jul 2016, 19:30

ulbm isnt releated with monitor only ? code matters Ü?

Q83Ia7ta

Re: Weird problem with ULMB

Post by Q83Ia7ta » 29 Jul 2016, 08:56

gokutan wrote:ulbm isnt releated with monitor only ? code matters Ü?
try latest drivers with clean install (default settings)
code can toggle ulmb state: