Zowie dynamic accuracy input latency

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Trip

Zowie dynamic accuracy input latency

Post by Trip » 09 Aug 2016, 10:55

Hello guys does anyone know any input latency tests with the new zowie monitors with dynamic accuracy enabled. From as far as I can tell all the zowie monitors feature a full led back-light and have this setting. Could it be possible they can refresh the back-light in a more controlled fashion and theoretically get lower input latency using this? If they do a rolling scan like with oled monitors it is possible to get a much smaller delay then what is standard for ulmb and lightboost. I am wondering about this as they give it a different brand name but nobody has bothered to test their method yet in terms of input latency. If they use it in a correct way it could give an input latency close to the pixel transition its response time. Which would be faster then doing the whole screen at once.

Vega

Re: Zowie dynamic accuracy input latency

Post by Vega » 21 Aug 2016, 21:10

What do you mean a full-LED back light? Do you mean direct lit versus edge lit? If you mean direct lit, what is your source? Direct lit LCD monitors are extremely rare.

From what I can tell, the Zowie monitors are just repackaged BenQ gaming monitors.

Trip

Re: Zowie dynamic accuracy input latency

Post by Trip » 22 Aug 2016, 06:18

Nvm I think I made a mistake the only reason why I thought it featured such a back light is because a dutch price comparison site allows you to filter in the back light category. And it said these monitors all featured a full-led back light instead of a edge-lit one. Anyway here is the link with that filter set to on. Its probably just a mistake though.
https://tweakers.net/categorie/344/moni ... oZKsbW1tQA
I cant find any other evidence of that it features such a back light so I guess it was just a mistake on their end. Sorry if I hyped anyone about it. There are also no reviews at all about this monitor so no indirect evidence either.