Help with XL2411 screen dim please

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
halkbob

Help with XL2411 screen dim please

Post by halkbob » 01 Feb 2017, 14:27

Hey guys, how are you? It's my first post here, hope it's in the right place

So recently I won an XL2411 from my sister, but months ago I started having a problem with it, because the screen is now dimming or flickergin, sorry I'm not sure which one is the right one, I'll post a YouTube link that explia better, but basically, the screen dims randomly, whenever I'm playing games, and mostly when I'm browsing websites with dark scenarios it gets really worse.

Fun fact, when I enable blur reduction is STOPS, because it' like it can't get any darker, I don't know, I really don't like playing with blur reduction on and I want to solve this problem, could you please help me? Thanks a lot.]

BTW I use DVI-D which came with the monitor, and 144hz

Here is the YouTube link, the screen gets darker and brighter randomly!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNZ7McJHYC4&

Falkentyne

Re: Help with XL2411 screen dim please

Post by Falkentyne » 01 Feb 2017, 14:32

Do you have dynamic contrast enabled or anything in the OSD?
Otherwise try doing a RESET ALL (in system menu). You can also go into the "Factory menu" (NOT the Service Menu) and choose "RECALL ALL".

unlocking factory menu code is listed here:
http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2467

Be warned that recall all will reset ALL of your saved settings or anything you changed to factory defaults. It will also change the Strobe Phase to 100 (so if you're using a VT tweak and blur reduction, you will have to lower the Strobe Phase in the "Service Menu.". Note that the service menu and factory menu are two different menus.

If none of this helps, you need to RMA.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Help with XL2411 screen dim please

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 05 Feb 2017, 01:34

Try Menu -> Picture Advanced -> DynamicContrast -> OFF
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!