ASUS vg248qe after lightboost

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
caseyohrn

Re: ASUS vg248qe after lightboost

Post by caseyohrn » 14 Sep 2017, 01:06

If a window from a browser is open for too long that part of the screen will be affected. It's not just a single line, but can also be square shaped and sometimes words, buttons & icons will be retained.

It has to be one of those two parts from my results of unplugging all the cables and doing the burn-in test from the service menu and instantly seeing no burn-in. Upon plugging the monitor back in using Display Port & HDMI the retention returned immediately in the same spots.

The day I get the parts I'll burn-in my screen nice and good for before and after results.

To be honest, I'm quite excited to see where the problem is coming from.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 14 Sep 2017, 10:02

That's definitely image retention. (Also called "burn in", but it is typically not permanent).

What is the firmware version for this VG248QE? I'm curious if it's a specific firmware.

Also, what do you see when you view www.testufo.com/inversion ?
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

caseyohrn

Post by caseyohrn » 14 Sep 2017, 18:48

These are the numbers I see in service mode:
ASUS VG248QE AUOM240HW01V8
QISDA MCM101
SVN 001

This is what I see when I went to the link you posted:
https://i.imgur.com/cHOL1t5.jpg

So before I pull everything apart when the replacements come. Which part should I check first? Power supply, or motherboard? I feel I should replace the power supply first just in case the one I have currently doesn't ruin the replacement motherboard.

I should also note that I've had this monitor since August 2014. Was on vacation for over a week in July this year. When I got back home is when I started to notice this problem.

Also sold my 295x2 about a month ago. There was another issue where sometimes the screen would flicker for a split second. Thought it was an issue with my GPU. I ended up getting a 1080ti and it still flickers the same way but this is a very random occurrence that happens since I've had this monitor. Sometimes when I boot my desktop another problem is that it will only detect 60hz and not 144hz. The 295x2 used a mini DisplayPort cable that was certified. The new DisplayPort I bought for my 1080ti was purchased from Monoprice.

There's so many variables with my system, but obviously even after I install the replacement parts I'll have to keep you updated on this.

caseyohrn

Post by caseyohrn » 22 Sep 2017, 02:20

Tested and replaced both parts separately. Retention still remains.

Guessing the panel has gone bad and will just have to buy a new monitor down the road. :cry:

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 22 Sep 2017, 21:31

Damn!

Thanks for letting me know -- it is useful to know (for future reference) that this sort of problem can be also caused by the panel.

I hope you can eBay the spare parts as fully working replacement parts!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!