too much motion blur

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
nathan02

too much motion blur

Post by nathan02 » 11 Apr 2017, 06:44

hi guys and every blurbuster pros.. need help and guide

i have benq xl2730z

my problem is whenever i play ps4 on it the game has tremendous anount of motion blur. any help? it blurs that it really makes me dizzy lol. blur reduction turned ON not helping obviosuly as some admins said 60hz doesnt work with blur reduction... any way to eliminate motion blur while using ps4? am i missing something?

because such a great monitor hamppered by this blur effect..

if ordinary monitors or those much lesser ones doesnt have motion blur issues, i ask some people who game with their monitor on ps4, they dont see or affected by motion blur. how come xl2730z has too much? thanks

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: too much motion blur

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 11 Apr 2017, 07:16

Just to be clear --

Are you saying that you don't get headaches when playing on the PS4 with a different monitor than XL2730Z?
That this problem is specific to XL2730Z for you?
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

nathan02

Post by nathan02 » 11 Apr 2017, 08:07

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Just to be clear --

Are you saying that you don't get headaches when playing on the PS4 with a different monitor than XL2730Z?
That this problem is specific to XL2730Z for you?

no i havent tried on other monitors. what i am saying is other peopel dont get problem or motion blur like this when they are using other monitors..
is there any way to eliminate motion blur> or maybe its the game's problem?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 16 Apr 2017, 13:17

There are several people around here that are bothered by motion blur, and want the option to eliminate it (by toggling game features & monitor features). Some of us even get headaches from motion blur (moreso than headaches from PWM) -- e.g. our vision system becomes so bothered by it.

There are many sources of motion blur.
-- In-game motion blur (fix by turning off GPU motion blur)
-- Motion blur in the monitor (fix by enabling a blur-reduction feature)

Generally, motion blur elimination is easiest at 120Hz than at 60Hz since vendors usually enable motion-blur-reduction features in their monitors at higher refresh rates rather than at 60Hz. (The XL2730Z is not able to do good blur reduction at the 60Hz refresh rate). At this time, not many montors provide good blur reduction at the 60Hz refresh rate.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 16 Apr 2017, 16:27

It's most probably the game's problem. Play a 60FPS game and it should look quite clear.

Here's a list of 60FPS games on PS4:

http://www.videogamerplus.com/2014/09/6 ... -list.html
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.