Annoying multi image flickering when turning on g-sync

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
NovaX

Annoying multi image flickering when turning on g-sync

Post by NovaX » 25 Mar 2024, 03:41

Heey,

I have recently build my first pc and i am very happy with it overall, but i have this weird issue that whenever i try to use the adaptive sync on my LG27GP850-B it starts to flicker like crazy. I am very new to all this so i will try my best to explain what happens.

Turning adaptive sync (basic/extended) will make my screen flicker. It looks like multiple images of what i am currently seeing on the screen start to flicker rapidly. I couldn't find much on what i am experiencing online, and the things that i find are about brightness flickering,vrr stuff,ghosting and other things. It doesn't look to me that thats the case here but i could be wrong.

Example: playing cyberpunk 2077 with settings maxed out and dlss quality running i have a good 100fps with it occasionally dropping to 80 and going up to 120 fps. My fps is not going below the vrr range so whats going on?

I tried capping my fps, extending vrr range and changing multiple settings in nvidia control panel and monitor settings.

The only thing that seemed to fix the issue was to lower my monitor hz to 120.... I got no clue why its happening and just working when my monitor is running on 165. I also experienced multi image flickering when playing ow2 with monitor hz and fps being the same or slightly below monitor hz.

Is this a normal issue or monitor related?

Do all g-sync compatible monitors have this?

I don't really whanna change my settings everytime i boot up a different game.

I hope someone can help me with this issue because its driving me crazy and i just whant to game in peace :lol:

Hope you guys have a nice day!