Acer XB280HK fails after 5-10 min g-sync. Overheat?

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Martijnluka

Re: Acer XB280HK fails after 5-10 min g-sync. Overheat?

Post by Martijnluka » 29 Oct 2015, 14:44

dfitterer wrote:Just got an Acer XB280HK and love it. Except, when used in g-sync mode, the monitor fails after 5-10 minutes of gaming. The displayed image freezes and fades to white over the course of about 1 second. It stays full white even if the displayport cable is unplugged and replugged or the front power button is used to turn it off and then on. The only fix I've found is to unplug the monitor's power or use the monitor's power switch in the rear to toggle it on and off (which games don't tend to handle well).

Anyway, does that sound familiar to anyone? I've tried multiple DP 1.2 cables and multiple ports on the geforce 980. Hoping to hear about a software solution before sending it back to newegg.
How did this end for you ? i'm trying to find a solution for months now. I made a perfect fit cardboard box (dont laugh) at the left back side of the monitor (front view perepective) with a 15cm fan blowing cold air in to the monitor vents. This seems to help and gives me less white screens.

Did you return your monitor for a new one ? did it solve the problem ?