EXCLUSIVE: We measure G-SYNC Input Lag in GSYNC Preview #2!

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
YukonTrooper

Re: EXCLUSIVE: We measure G-SYNC Input Lag in GSYNC Preview

Post by YukonTrooper » 19 Apr 2014, 13:00

RealNC wrote:You mean why it happens?
Chief Blur Buster wrote:Do you mean why the lag happens at all? Or why it is 10fps below versus 1fps below?
Sorry, I should have worded it better. I understand the general theory behind what's happening, but I was indeed more interested in the threshold (1fps vs 10fps), but specifically what that threshold is quantitatively. I know I can cap my fps 10 below refresh rate and the lag appears to disappear, but I'm not sure if I'm eliminating all of it or if I'm underneath the threshold and I can push my cap further.

Neo_Bogard

Post by Neo_Bogard » 14 Jul 2014, 11:09

I'm no expert so, excuse me if this is a stupid question:

Was Battlefield 4 frame capped (internally) and would frame capping it under the monitor's refresh rate change these results? Battlefield 4/frostbite performance is pretty important to me, and I'm pretty picky about input.

WickedSoN

Post by WickedSoN » 09 Oct 2014, 14:39

Dont think that matters in the test because he was only getting framerate's in the 80's. So he should not have been getting any additional lag caused by hitting the 144hz refresh rate limit.

mello

Post by mello » 11 Oct 2014, 11:43

xH4wK wrote:Soo after a while that G-Sync monitors are out.. is there any test of capping FPS and affect to G-Sync input lag ?
I would really like to know which fps cap is the best to lower latency of G-Sync in games that easily hit top fps..
Look here. 140fps most definitely increases input lag, but IMO 130-135fps is perfectly fine (i play with 135fps cap using G-Sync). There are no precise tests yet, and i also would like to know what is the limit for G-Sync, before it starts adding more and more input lag.

WickedSoN

Post by WickedSoN » 15 Oct 2014, 14:03

If you want to be safe set all your games max framerates to anywhere between 120-130. I can't imagine anyone would be able to see any difference between 120fps to 130fps whilst using g-sync. Can we get some opinions on this for those of you using g-sync. Try playing a game @ 120fps limited vs 130fps limited and let us know if you see or feel any difference. Thanks.