Question on Gsync Framerates, please help!

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
fenderjaguar

Re: Question on Gsync Framerates, please help!

Post by fenderjaguar » 22 Jun 2015, 11:40

Glide wrote:But I thought G-Sync was supposed to double/triple frames when displaying anything <30 FPS?
That's what PC Perspective's testing showed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkrJU5d2RfA
Not sure, but I'm glad it's not doing it anymore.

I think they switch sync off very rapidly somehow. I also notice capping at 30 fps is better too. Before, 30 fps was stuttery, whereas 32 fps was completely fluid. Now, with sync turned off, 30 fps is nearly the same as 30 fps half refresh vsync is on 60hz. But I do notice some tearing sometimes, so they must switch sync off like some kind of 'adaptive g-sync' . I don't notice it capped below 30, or with variable frame rate.

All in all, it's much better. 30hz sync was just awful. It might have been a problem with the original gsync kit, since others are saying they couldn't see the 15 fps thing

lexlazootin

Re: Question on Gsync Framerates, please help!

Post by lexlazootin » 23 Jun 2015, 01:00

aeliusg wrote:Regrettably, I drop under 30 fps all the time in ArmA III and DayZ, but I haven't seen this sort of behavior yet.
same.