[fixed] Input Not Detected on GSYNC upgrade - help

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
sharknice

[fixed] Input Not Detected on GSYNC upgrade - help

Post by sharknice » 16 Jan 2014, 23:32

So I installed the GSYNC upgrade in my monitor and connected it to the Displayport on my Geforce 770, and the display works fine, it shows the bios booting up and the windows loading screen, I can even enter the bios and change settings using it, but as soon as Windows finishes loading windows does not recognize the display. It doesn't show anything is connected. I have 2 770s and I tried connecting it to either one and the same thing happens, it even happens when I connect it to the onboard intel displayport.
It is like Windows disabled the display or displayport. I'm running Windows 8.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Input Not Detected on GSYNC upgrade - help

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 16 Jan 2014, 23:38

Hey there,

Checklist I can think of:
-- Use single monitor mode.
-- Make sure you're using the latest Geforce drivers.
-- Reboot in Windows Safe Mode.
-- Try using a different DisplayPort if you're using SLI
-- Full clean uninstall and reinstall of your graphics drivers.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

PoWn3d_0704

Post by PoWn3d_0704 » 16 Jan 2014, 23:41

Also, check to see if SLI is enabled. It seemed to me that if I manually enabled SLI, the Gsync would freak out. What I did was manually turn on GSync and then rebooted. SLI should come on with Windows that way.
Asus VG248QE with GSync. Blur Busters GSync Contest Winner.

sharknice

Post by sharknice » 17 Jan 2014, 00:00

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Hey there,

Checklist I can think of:
-- Use single monitor mode.
-- Make sure you're using the latest Geforce drivers.
-- Reboot in Windows Safe Mode.
-- Try using a different DisplayPort if you're using SLI
-- Full clean uninstall and reinstall of your graphics drivers.
The monitor works fine in safe mode, but as soon as I boot to normal mode it is gone again. And none of the other options are working. I did a clean install of the geforce drivers, tried the other displayport ports, and tried single monitor mode.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Jan 2014, 00:11

Strange. This is a problem that may require NVIDIA assistance. I'm sending them a link to this.

If anyone else has ideas, please chime in.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

nimbulan

Post by nimbulan » 17 Jan 2014, 00:44

It sounds to me like it is most likely an SLI-related issue since PoWn3d_0704 also had issues with the new monitor and SLI. I would recommend disabling SLI, or even removing the second video card from your computer to see if that changes the behavior.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Jan 2014, 00:51

If you swap DisplayPort connections, do a full poweroff (hard powerdown) and boot.

sharknice

Post by sharknice » 17 Jan 2014, 00:55

nimbulan wrote:It sounds to me like it is most likely an SLI-related issue since PoWn3d_0704 also had issues with the new monitor and SLI. I would recommend disabling SLI, or even removing the second video card from your computer to see if that changes the behavior.
I tried disabling SLI but still no luck with that. I might try removing video cards later.

I don't think the problem is with any drivers, I think it is with Windows itself. I think it somehow disabled the monitor and made it so it won't show up as disabled. Because it doesn't work when I connect it to the 4770k's displayport either.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Jan 2014, 00:58

Last ditch idea
-- try going to Device Manager, select View, select Hidden Devices
-- uninstall all your old hidden devices.
-- even try uninstalling the monitor driver (so you have no monitors), and then rebooting with the GSYNC monitor plugged in.

sharknice

Post by sharknice » 17 Jan 2014, 01:27

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Last ditch idea
-- try going to Device Manager, select View, select Hidden Devices
-- uninstall all your old hidden devices.
-- even try uninstalling the monitor driver (so you have no monitors), and then rebooting with the GSYNC monitor plugged in.
No luck with that either. I think I might try doing the free update to windows 8.1 and if that doesn't work I'll probably just have to reinstall windows.