Does G-Sync fix issues that V-Sync typically does.

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Joolsyz

Re: Does G-Sync fix issues that V-Sync typically does.

Post by Joolsyz » 14 Mar 2015, 12:34

Doesn't work as well as V-Sync? In some games it most certainly does.

Black Octagon

Post by Black Octagon » 14 Mar 2015, 14:54

MxOAgentJohnson wrote:After buying a gsync monitor i can confirm G-sync does not hide stutters in games at points where vsync would. So there we go, the lack of tearing and the smoothness of fluctuating fps is amazing but doesnt work aswell as vsync so take from that what you will anyone who google searches :)
REALLY?! What games? And at what points?

MxOAgentJohnson

Post by MxOAgentJohnson » 15 Mar 2015, 16:45

Black Octagon wrote:
MxOAgentJohnson wrote:After buying a gsync monitor i can confirm G-sync does not hide stutters in games at points where vsync would. So there we go, the lack of tearing and the smoothness of fluctuating fps is amazing but doesnt work aswell as vsync so take from that what you will anyone who google searches :)
REALLY?! What games? And at what points?
Half Life 2, borderlands 2, dishonoured, Far cry 3 hates Gsync same as RAGE and a few more,.

Joolsyz

Post by Joolsyz » 15 Mar 2015, 18:52

MxOAgentJohnson, don't happen to have a copy of Crysis 3 do you? Reason I ask is because I found this to work pretty well with g-sync apart from the one level "Welcome to the Jungle", doesn't matter what the frame rate is it stutters and hitches like crazy but every other level is perfectly smooth.

MxOAgentJohnson

Post by MxOAgentJohnson » 16 Mar 2015, 13:46

Joolsyz wrote:MxOAgentJohnson, don't happen to have a copy of Crysis 3 do you? Reason I ask is because I found this to work pretty well with g-sync apart from the one level "Welcome to the Jungle", doesn't matter what the frame rate is it stutters and hitches like crazy but every other level is perfectly smooth.
Sorry man only own Crysis 2 and 1 :(