Benq XL2420G g-sync indicator

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Cygnus11

Benq XL2420G g-sync indicator

Post by Cygnus11 » 04 Mar 2015, 19:21

Hi all. I'm new to the forum here and also new to the world of gaming monitors. I just recently purchased a Benq xl2420g monitor and so far I am very impressed with g-sync. It took some time for me to tune the settings, but the monitor now looks really nice.

I have a question to anyone who may have this monitor. A few days ago I noticed a small LED light (just a small dot) right near the power button in the bottom right corner. It was on while playing a game in which g-sync was active. I assume this is some indicator that lights up to show that g-sync is currently on. But I was not able to verify this in any documentation for the monitor. The strange thing is that now that small light never comes on. No matter what game I run the light will not turn on. I verified that g-sync was enabled by looking at the monitor OSD menu.

So, am I correct in assuming this little dot of light indicates g-sync is active? And if so, I wonder why it is not coming on for me anymore. It's not really a big deal, but it bothers me that I can't seem to find any documentation on this.

Thanks for any info you can provide about this.

lexlazootin

Re: Benq XL2420G g-sync indicator

Post by lexlazootin » 04 Mar 2015, 21:09

I don't own one, but i think that light turns on for lightboost or whatever they call it now.

offshell

Re: Benq XL2420G g-sync indicator

Post by offshell » 05 Mar 2015, 13:25

Sometimes if I start up a game, minimize it, and then go back to full screen it will light itself. I basically just ignore it since g-sync seems to be fine regardless.