Consistent tearline at top of screen with G-sync [bug?]

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
ManuelG_NVIDIA

Re: Consistent tearline at top of screen with G-sync [bug?]

Post by ManuelG_NVIDIA » 27 Jan 2014, 15:22

Hi,
My name is Manuel and I work for NVIDIA as part of the Software QA team. We would like to investigate your issue but we would like to know what version firmware your monitor is using so that we can proceed. Can you please do the following and then post your results in this thread please?

Press the Menu -> brightness up -> brightness down -> back -> back -> Menu again. (where back is the leftmost monitor button). The Menu should now display a Firmware revision string near the bottom. Please post the exact string displayed by the monitor (ex. “HW 145 FW 0.196 OD 0.4 OSD 1.9”. Thanks.
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread.

nimbulan

Post by nimbulan » 27 Jan 2014, 15:26

ManuelG_NVIDIA wrote:Hi,
My name is Manuel and I work for NVIDIA as part of the Software QA team. We would like to investigate your issue but we would like to know what version firmware your monitor is using so that we can proceed. Can you please do the following and then post your results in this thread please?

Press the Menu -> brightness up -> brightness down -> back -> back -> Menu again. (where back is the leftmost monitor button). The Menu should now display a Firmware revision string near the bottom. Please post the exact string displayed by the monitor (ex. “HW 145 FW 0.196 OD 0.4 OSD 1.9”. Thanks.
I was planning on contacting nVidia support about this but it's nice to see that this forum is getting some attention. My firmware string is exactly the same as your example: HW 145 FW 0.196 OD 0.4 OSD 1.9

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 27 Jan 2014, 15:28

ManeulG, welcome to these forums!
Glad to see that NVIDIA is paying attention to Blur Busters, as a source of GSYNC user feedback!

P.S. To other readers, I have authenticated ManuelG as the real deal (List of Company Reps on Blur Busters Forums), he's the same guy that moderates several of the discussions forums on http://www.geforce.com
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

ManuelG_NVIDIA

Post by ManuelG_NVIDIA » 27 Jan 2014, 15:28

nimbulan wrote:

I was planning on contacting nVidia support about this but it's nice to see that this forum is getting some attention. My firmware string is exactly the same as your example: HW 145 FW 0.196 OD 0.4 OSD 1.9
Thank you for the prompt reply. I will let you know once I have more information.

ManuelG_NVIDIA

Post by ManuelG_NVIDIA » 27 Jan 2014, 15:37

Chief Blur Buster wrote:ManeulG, welcome to these forums!
Glad to see that NVIDIA is paying attention to Blur Busters, as a source of GSYNC user feedback!

P.S. To other readers, I have authenticated ManuelG as the real deal (List of Company Reps on Blur Busters Forums), he's the same guy that moderates several of the discussions forums on http://www.geforce.com
Thank you very much. I hope to participate in these forums and assist users as I see many of our customers frequent this forum.

Atzenkeeper500

Post by Atzenkeeper500 » 27 Jan 2014, 16:07

Hello ManuelG, welcome to the forum. What can you tell us about the actually SLI Problems and GSYNC? Any News about the today released beta drivers and GSYNC?

ManuelG_NVIDIA

Post by ManuelG_NVIDIA » 29 Jan 2014, 14:10

nimbulan wrote:

Unfortunately we haven't been able to reproduce it yet. Do you have any more information that can help us see this problem? Any other changes you apply in the NVIDIA Control Panel or 3rd party utility such as NVInspector/eVGA Precision etc.?

ManuelG_NVIDIA

Post by ManuelG_NVIDIA » 29 Jan 2014, 14:15

Atzenkeeper500 wrote:Hello ManuelG, welcome to the forum. What can you tell us about the actually SLI Problems and GSYNC? Any News about the today released beta drivers and GSYNC?
Which problems are you referring to specifically?

nimbulan

Post by nimbulan » 29 Jan 2014, 14:18

ManuelG_NVIDIA wrote:Unfortunately we haven't been able to reproduce it yet. Do you have any more information that can help us see this problem? Any other changes you apply in the NVIDIA Control Panel or 3rd party utility such as NVInspector/eVGA Precision etc.?
The only thing I've changed in the control panel besides turning G-sync on is setting Max Pre-Rendered Frames to 1. I have noticed that in nVidia Inspector the Vertical Sync Tear Control is set to Standard rather than Adaptive with G-sync enabled. Is that normal?

nimbulan

Post by nimbulan » 15 Nov 2014, 02:30

I apologize for necroing such an old thread but:

I installed a GTX 970 in my PC yesterday and the tearline disappeared. It would seem that the problem is specific to my old GTX 760, whatever the cause is.