AOC G2460PG gsync monitor

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Benedict

AOC G2460PG gsync monitor

Post by Benedict » 31 May 2015, 14:24

Just bought this monitor (through Amazon) and I have a few issues so Im undecided whether to keep it or return it.

I previously used a Dell U2412M which doesnt have great response times but delivers a nice picture - the AOC is sadly very bright and looks washed out no matter how much I tweak things.

I have an issue when I resume from sleep mode - this monitor causes all opened apps - browser windows, steam etc .... to be moved to the upper left corner and resized to fit a smaller screen. I've looked for fixes including some registry tweaks to the graphics drivers but so far nothing has worked.

The issue with the latest drivers that forces Gsync on the desktop and thereby negates the use of ULMB is also annoying.

On the plus side .... gsync is very nice but a £300+ monitor with these problems is poor. I rang AOC regarding the resume from sleep issue and they had no answer other than offering an exchange - I doubt that'll be any different.

Any suggestions? If I do return the monitor do you guys have any suggestions for an alternative? A 24 or 27 inch monitor with good colours and contrast but better for games than the Dell - doesnt have to be gsync.