FreeSync vs G-Sync Input Lag Comparison (LinusTechTips)

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Haste

FreeSync vs G-Sync Input Lag Comparison (LinusTechTips)

Post by Haste » 13 Jul 2015, 06:59

phpBB [video]

Some pretty surprising results there. I wonder what is up with that?

Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q X

lexlazootin

Re: FreeSync vs G-Sync Input Lag Comparison (LinusTechTips)

Post by lexlazootin » 13 Jul 2015, 13:43

I think the first two tests need to be changed to 140fps so the framerate doesn't bounce above and below the maximum refresh rate of the monitor 50times a second.

Also the last two tests could just be a bug in the game or the driver, maybe related to frame rate capping?

Haste

Post by Haste » 13 Jul 2015, 14:08

lexlazootin wrote:I think the first two tests need to be changed to 140fps so the framerate doesn't bounce above and below the maximum refresh rate of the monitor 50times a second.
Yep I agree. When I watched the video I wondered too why he chose exactly 144fps. He could be in or out of the VRR window and we would have no way to know.
lexlazootin wrote:Also the last two tests could just be a bug in the game or the driver, maybe related to frame rate capping?
Maybe.

Linus, if you read this, please try to get to the bottom of it. It really doesn't seem right. V-sync on or off should have no incidence on the 45fps results for example.
Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q X

flood

Post by flood » 23 Jul 2015, 14:48

Linus, if you read this, please try to get to the bottom of it.
lol those guys are way too casual