Gsync and Displayport switch

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
3djulianfletcher

Gsync and Displayport switch

Post by 3djulianfletcher » 13 Aug 2015, 11:37

Hi All,

i'm new here so apologies if this isn't the correct board for this but i think it applies. I recently got an acer XB270HU 27" Gsync monitor to add to my forest of monitors. I love it and the 144hz is so nice to back to my old CRT sony 100hz display rate but with the only input being a single displayport it doesn't work above 85hz running through a KVM display port switch.

I have 2 machines, one is a workstation one for games, to save desktop space i got the switch and it was great to be able to switch my ultrawide at 60hz between the two machines. I have been looking for a switch that supports 144hz but can't find one anywhere. I saw lindy do one that it supposed to support up to 120hz but there are varying reports on that working as intended.

Do any of you lovely people have any info or links to a switch that supports either 144hz or gsync (or both)?

lexlazootin

Re: Gsync and Displayport switch

Post by lexlazootin » 14 Aug 2015, 00:05

Sadly I don't think there are any switches that support 144hz.

Have you tested Gsync though the switch though? it would be interesting to know if it works. :)

3djulianfletcher

Post by 3djulianfletcher » 14 Aug 2015, 12:10

I'll hook up both ends with display port 1.2 cables i know work with gsync and let you know. btw i contacted lindy who have a new display port switch but even they said "We have never tested the switch at 1440p 144Hz, so while it may work I could not say for sure. "..

soo yeah not looking promising but i might get one and try it out if i can find a US supplier that stocks that swicth

hashish

Post by hashish » 21 Dec 2015, 00:27

3djulianfletcher wrote:I'll hook up both ends with display port 1.2 cables i know work with gsync and let you know. btw i contacted lindy who have a new display port switch but even they said "We have never tested the switch at 1440p 144Hz, so while it may work I could not say for sure. "..

soo yeah not looking promising but i might get one and try it out if i can find a US supplier that stocks that swicth
Any word on the Lindy 38411? I was wondering if it works at 144hz? There are some S. Korean knockoffs floating on ebay, but they only are display port 1.1. So I'm not sure if it will work.