About to get Acer XB240H need help!!!

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
iPunchTrolls

About to get Acer XB240H need help!!!

Post by iPunchTrolls » 20 Jan 2016, 05:30

So here's my dilema. I want to play black desert online, a new mmorpg coming out in the next few months, and league of legends. In league i get well over 144fps, more like 500+. In black desert I get around 30-40 on ultra. I want to have this monitor for pro league play and casual mmorpg play. I heard this monitor has nice colors for a tn and pretty good reviews all around. The thing i'm confused about is, I heard with g-sync monitors that have 144hz you should use river tuner to cap fps to 135 so g-sync doesn't act up. Should you do this with non g-sync monitors too? Because if that's not the case I think I might be better off getting the benq 2420g instead of the acer xb240h because that monitor has g-sync and normal mode. Which in normal mode I could play league without losing the 6fps. I hope this made sense. Basically I'm asking if its just a g-sync thing where you should cap your fps a few fps under the native hz, or if that's just a general all around input lag reducing thing for all monitors. I hope I can get an answer soon! Im going in the store tomorrow to pick it up lol. Ty for the help!

PS: With a game like league where i get so much fps, i believe i should leave g-sync off correct? Heres what I think I know. +144fps=g-sync capped to 135fps. Under 144fps, no need to really cap. But since I'm playing two different graphic games I think I should always have it capped to 135fps. Thought would it be better to play a game like league capped at 135fps with g-sync on, or on another monitor that is 144fps without g-sync capped at 144fps. I know this is confusing and i worded it poorly, but its almost 6am in the morning and im getting myself so confused @.@. Ty again for any and all help you give!

lexlazootin

Re: About to get Acer XB240H need help!!!

Post by lexlazootin » 21 Jan 2016, 00:21

you should cap your fps to 135~ when running G-Sync, yes.

But i'm a little confused on what you're trying to say. Don't worry about about getting the Benq and just go with the ACER, the Benq has more ports but you can still run non-GSync mode on the Acer. I own that Benq monitor and for a extra 200bucks or what ever it really isn't worth it.

mpampis11

Re: About to get Acer XB240H need help!!!

Post by mpampis11 » 18 Feb 2016, 18:22

So i am about to buy it too. Is it worth it ?