[Question] Acer Predator X34 G-Sync

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
winnoe

[Question] Acer Predator X34 G-Sync

Post by winnoe » 03 Feb 2016, 22:34

Hi there Blur Bigwigs,

Been almost 2 years since i got my Benq XL 2420 Z hooked up to my MSI 780 ti. (i had 1 more Benq XL2420z and 1 more 780ti but i split them to upgrade the other PC downstairs).

Recently at the IT show here in Singapore I walked past this beauty of a monitor the Acer Predator X34. I was probably one of the few that was more interested in the monitor than the 2 scantily clad Taiwanese brand ambassadors.

I won't talk more about the qualities of the X34 as all the reviews are available online, but my question is, IS IT WORTH IT?

I have some concerns which I hope you Blur Bosses can help out:

1) My current set up is drawing 1920 x 1080 at 120mhz. Will switching to 3440 x 1440 at 100mhz be too much monitor for my feeble 780ti OC GFX card or will i need to upgrade my GFX card as well?

2) The main attraction for me on the X34 is that it is IPS with 98% color reproduction AND G-Sync AND has 4ms GtG AND operates at 100mhz. Will the quality of colors be much noticably better on the X34 vs a calibrated XL2420z? And would i lose too much blur reduction to achieve this color?

3) my CPU is an i5 3570k... will that be enough to handle the X34 in G-Sync or will i experience lag from my hardware unable to keep up with my monitor?

Hope you guys can share your thoughts on the above, would really appreciate it! :)

lexlazootin

Re: [Question] Acer Predator X34 G-Sync

Post by lexlazootin » 04 Feb 2016, 01:52

Your GPU/CPU combo is pretty strong and should sit well with that resolution. Maybe even overclock them a little bit to get that slight performance increase.

The colour will be NOTICEABLY better with your newer monitor and the blur/overdrive is pretty top notch when being controlled by G-Sync, so blur shouldn't be a issue and might even be slightly better.