ULMB/GSYNC Incompatible on Overwatch, What to do...

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
RealNC
Site Admin

Re: ULMB/GSYNC Incompatible on Overwatch, What to do...

Post by RealNC » 04 May 2017, 08:58

Do you have vsync enabled in the nvidia panel? If not, does enabling it fix the issue?
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

MaxiJazz

Post by MaxiJazz » 04 May 2017, 09:00

Yeah it's fixed it, but i'm thinking it's a V-sync work, not G-sync. I'm re-edit previous post for more info

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 04 May 2017, 09:07

You can tell if G-Sync is working by limiting your FPS to something like 100FPS. If you don't see stutter, G-Sync is working.

Enabling vsync while using g-sync just makes sure the tearing line is hidden. It doesn't add any input lag. The only case where it adds input lag, is if your FPS reaches the refresh rate.

What I recommend on 144Hz G-Sync monitors is capping to 140Hz and enabling g-sync AND vsync.
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

MaxiJazz

Post by MaxiJazz » 04 May 2017, 09:14

Ok, will try to test with v-sync on + low frame cap (100 and lower) to be sure, that G-sync works.

But do you know how to repair Diablo 3? :D Same problem, but no tearing. Only background stuttering, hero running fine and smooth, but backgroud always stutters for a moment. (V-sync on ingame) Without ingame V-sync game is turning to "Stutter mess", nearly unplayable for me. (Global frame limit 142 via RTSS, so 100% it's not >144)

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 04 May 2017, 09:41

If something only stutters for a moment (like a frameskip every two seconds), then it seems g-sync is not working :-/

Download Nvidia Profile Inspector, and in the global profile (the default when profile inspector starts) enable the "gsync indicator overlay." This will put a big, semi-transparent "G-Sync" logo on the left side of the screen when g-sync is active. If you don't get that logo, then g-sync isn't working.

You can download Profile Inspector here:

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Orbmu2k ... /artifacts

MaxiJazz

Post by MaxiJazz » 04 May 2017, 14:16

@RealNC
Logo is showing, that G-sync working, but background in Diablo 3 stutters for a moment every ~3sec. Yeah, it's WAY better, than G-sync off, but still not smooth.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 04 May 2017, 15:57

Does it stutter without g-sync but with vsync on? If yes, it's not a g-sync issue, something else is going on.

MaxiJazz

Post by MaxiJazz » 11 May 2017, 09:39

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7-U4Xm7H5g

Watch start of the video, with G-sync it's more and more smoother, but still not ideal, even with consistent fps.

Will be great, if you move this posts to G-sync thread. :roll:

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 11 May 2017, 12:50

Moved upon request :)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!