Optimal settings for modern warfare?

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
jorimt

Re: Optimal settings for modern warfare?

Post by jorimt » 08 May 2020, 08:05

Nuke wrote:
08 May 2020, 06:35
Why you suggest v3 limiter? I tried it both on laptop with gtx950m and pc 1070ti - this method give tearing and stutters.
I only suggested it over legacy Nvidia Inspector v1 and v2 FPS limiting methods, which were never officially available, and have higher input lag than other external FPS limiting methods.

Also, FPS limiters don't prevent tearing, only syncing methods do. FPS limiters merely keep the render rate of the average FPS within a certain limit, they don't adhere to the VBLANK of the display.

I'd actually personally recommend RTSS for external FPS limiting, where applicable.
(jorimt: /jor-uhm-tee/)
Author: Blur Busters "G-SYNC 101" Series

Displays: ASUS PG27AQN, LG 48CX VR: Beyond, Quest 3, Reverb G2, Index OS: Windows 11 Pro Case: Fractal Design Torrent PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 MB: ASUS Z790 Hero CPU: Intel i9-13900k w/Noctua NH-U12A GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6400MHz CL32 SSDs: 2TB WD_BLACK SN850 (OS), 4TB WD_BLACK SN850X (Games) Keyboards: Wooting 60HE, Logitech G915 TKL Mice: Razer Viper Mini SE, Razer Viper 8kHz Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2 (speakers/amp/DAC), AFUL Performer 8 (IEMs)

xbusterbr

Re: Optimal settings for modern warfare?

Post by xbusterbr » 08 May 2020, 10:23

Nuke wrote:
08 May 2020, 06:35
xbusterbr wrote:
06 May 2020, 22:05
Might I ask why you aren't using RTSS or Nvidia's "Max Frame Rate" option in the NVCP, which is their new v3 FPS limiting method, and is as low lag as RTSS?

As far as I'm aware, no combination of NVI settings for the legacy Nvidia v1 and v2 limiter will result in as low lag as the new v3 limiter. And even if there was a combo that did, you're probably better off using v3 now that it is officially available.
Why you suggest v3 limiter? I tried it both on laptop with gtx950m and pc 1070ti - this method give tearing and stutters.
Guys, the only reason why I would suggest it is because I tried it and in my case, in my system, it felt better. And of course, it's always nice to have other people to share your experience, otherwise I wouldn't take my time to post here. I believe the purpose of this forum is to share and help people out. I have no science behind, no testing tools. Doesn't mean it should be the same to everyone. Also when it comes to motion and responsiveness, it's a matter of preference. Just like the PC we build, we are all different and deal differently with things.

Yet, I'm still not glad with my own results...this game specifically is getting or my nervs...been trying all features available to get the best results to balance clear motion image and input lag, but no success. So if you have options that you see better results, I'll be happy to try. Jorimt suggested to use MAX FRAME RATE on NCP. Already had tried that but did it again just to make sure. In fact, the game doesn't obey to that limiter correctly as well. First game I ever seen this. And it was worse (FOR ME). Already resintalled the game and display driver adapter and Nvidia's drivers through DDU, still no change.
I believe my system should have run the game just fine:
Intel Core i7 8700K
RTX 2080
20 GB RAM 2400MHZ
Alienware 2720H 240HZ