Questions About Acer XB253Q 240Hz Monitor

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
STOPchris

Questions About Acer XB253Q 240Hz Monitor

Post by STOPchris » 14 May 2020, 14:33

I was thinking about getting the XB253Q 240Hz model. However, I have a lot of questions that are not answered in the released specs and the documents on the Acer support page for this monitor.
    The monitor is Gsync compatible, which I understand what that means, but nowhere does it talk about Freesync. Most of these Gsync compatible monitors are also Freesync certified, is this one? If so, what level of Freesync certification does this monitor have? I am concerned that nowhere does it state if it is Freesync certified, leading me to think they didn't even reach the specs for the lowest Freesync certification available.
      What percent of NTSC and Adobe does this color achieve? It says 99% SRGB, but nothing about NTSC and Adobe?
        Since this is not a fully supported Gsync monitor, there is no Gsync module inside, does that mean there will be more input lag? Do these non-Gysnc module monitors have the same low lag as Gsync module monitors? The newer Freesync certifications require low lag, but again this monitor does not have any Freesync certification listed.
          I'm pretty sure that with the HDR400 there is no local dimming?

I posted this on Acer's website as well, but I believe you guys here probably have more experience with these monitors than the usual forum poster over there.

TTT

Re: Questions About Acer XB253Q 240Hz Monitor

Post by TTT » 15 May 2020, 09:20

I don't think they can advertise it as Gsync compatible if it isn't certified by Nvidia, could be wrong though.

As far as your freesync question, no idea. Its a brand new monitor by the looks of it and theres not really any info on it.

Just noticed something strange though.. Amazon.com have it listed but it says 144hz not 240hz.

STOPchris

Re: Questions About Acer XB253Q 240Hz Monitor

Post by STOPchris » 15 May 2020, 12:01

That's a different monitor. They made a 144Hz version as well.