G-SYNC stutters

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
thebeker1

G-SYNC stutters

Post by thebeker1 » 06 Dec 2020, 20:06

Hi

I've been having this problem with my setup for more than a year, since pairing my 1440p 144hz G-SYNC monitor, the XB271HU with my 1080Ti, i've noticed stuttering in almost everygame, it's the kind of stutter that resembles v-sync, very short and more noticeable as you move looking at and object, it appears more when the framerate drops, now, the strange thing is, i could drop 1 frame and it will stutter, but not all the time, in some games it shows more and less in others, but almost none are safe. My other components are top notch too, 16gb DDR4 ram, Z390 Aourus motherboard, a 1tb SSD and a seasonic 750w golden psu.

I followed the blurbusters guide and it's the same thing, i tried to use a combination of g-sync, v-sync and framerate limiters and i cannot fix it, and so i blamed faulty hardware, BUT when i went to a friend's house, and used his Viewsonic XG270QG with another very similar PC, 9600k, 1080ti but different brands and ram, he had the same stutter, when playing different titles you can see the stutter, weirdly Red Dead Redemption 2 had no issues, while staying on the 40s with it's framerate.

I've test different resolutions and framerates, and the stutter will continue when i set my monitor to 60hz with g-sync enabled, like it just erases the tearing, but the stutter remains, although less frequent that just using v-sync.

I have no other monitor to test and cant swap the graphics card with him or anyone as of right now, and this really has me distressed, i've seen videos of g-sync working like butter, but the two monitors that i've seen, show the same problem, i've been playing with more than a years worth of nvidia drivers, and the problem has never changed, at this point i will try anything :(

jorimt

Re: G-SYNC stutters

Post by jorimt » 07 Dec 2020, 10:01

thebeker1 wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 20:06
I followed the blurbusters guide and it's the same thing
If you read my article, you may have already read the below, but I'll point you to it again:
https://blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101- ... spikes-101

You'll probably find such occurrences happen with G-SYNC off + V-SYNC off as well, since G-SYNC fixes V-SYNC-induced stutter, nothing else.

Stutter is system-side, and can occur regardless of the syncing method (or lack thereof) in use.
(jorimt: /jor-uhm-tee/)
Author: Blur Busters "G-SYNC 101" Series

Displays: ASUS PG27AQN, LG 48CX VR: Beyond, Quest 3, Reverb G2, Index OS: Windows 11 Pro Case: Fractal Design Torrent PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 MB: ASUS Z790 Hero CPU: Intel i9-13900k w/Noctua NH-U12A GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6400MHz CL32 SSDs: 2TB WD_BLACK SN850 (OS), 4TB WD_BLACK SN850X (Games) Keyboards: Wooting 60HE, Logitech G915 TKL Mice: Razer Viper Mini SE, Razer Viper 8kHz Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2 (speakers/amp/DAC), AFUL Performer 8 (IEMs)