LG 27GN600-B Overclock (OOR issues)

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
Szu

LG 27GN600-B Overclock (OOR issues)

Post by Szu » 08 Oct 2023, 01:45

Hey everyone,
I've been testing the overclocks on the monitor LG 27GN600-B (144hz), and I based myself on another topic in this forum (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5544) and I was able to put it at 240hz without any blackscreen.

I was following the whole process and was going actually better than I actually thought I would go due to my experience, but problem is,
this monitor that I am overclocking has no "OSD language - 0xCC" (only appears on my 2nd monitor) and "Display application - 0xDC" doesn't even actually appear in any of the 2.

I was able to make the OOR disappear for a while by pressing the Activate on "OSD Language - OxCC", my windows + NVIDIA Control Panel was showing the 240hz and everything was "fine" at least I thought. But when I open a game it wasn't showing the 240hz, so I closed the game and when I closed it, the OOR started appearing again and then even if I go and press the "OSD language - 0xCC - Activate" it keeps popping the OOR. I also had tried to use CRU before but I couldn't even turn off the OOR anyways.

I am not sure if I actually need to change the timings manually or if I can just leave them as they are because I don't actually have the knowledge to mess with it. These are my timings in case I actually need to change something and anyone could help with it. https://imgur.com/a/oGUE4D9

Is there anything that I can do to make it 240hz or a bit lower, but make it actually work without any OOR, and appearing in my games?

Any help would be very appreciated.