Samsung S24D390HL Overclock Limit

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
Dávi

Samsung S24D390HL Overclock Limit

Post by Dávi » 07 Dec 2014, 08:28

Hello there,

first of all i have to say the Samsung is very good overclockable but there is this weird lock...

In CRU Reduced/Normal no matter what, if i go past 75Hz on the screen it gives me a weird warning that the mode is not supported and i should switch back to 1080p@60Hz, and then after a while the screen gets black :/.

Thats sad because it looks like the Chip is capable of so much more. I went with the screen on 85Hz to the Testufo-Site and grabbed my DSLR (1/5) and i saw no skipping.

So i googled quite a bit and i found solutions, but the solutions, like pluging it off for 5minutes or freeze the menu, didnt work on my model.

If i open Tickets on other sites i would get answers like why would you overclock your panel its not healthy the monitor is not designed for that :roll: so i ask here and hope that it is ok.

Maybe someone know more then i do here.

I buyed it for 120 Bucks on the Amazon Sale so 75Hz with this Image Quality is allready insane :mrgreen: