AMD Crimson Custom Resolution

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
srsbsns

AMD Crimson Custom Resolution

Post by srsbsns » 10 Dec 2015, 20:43

AMD monitor overlockers have a new tool in their arsenal. The new AMD Crimson drivers have a built in custom resolution tool

Falkentyne

Re: AMD Crimson Custom Resolution

Post by Falkentyne » 10 Dec 2015, 21:22

Yeah except half the time if you try to force a resolution the monitor doesn't support it goes "this resolution is not supported by this display." Even if the scaler accepts it. (Try entering 3200x1800@60hz with a HT of 3360 and a VT of 2220, through displayport only. The Benq will accept it if done through ToastyX CRU (do not turn on blur reduction).

yeah I just tried to create a 3200x1800 display scaled resolution through Crimson. Didn't work. It said it wasn't compatible.

masterotaku

Post by masterotaku » 12 Dec 2015, 04:01

Finally! At least you can save a lot of custom refresh rates at native resolution work, right?
CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz
GPU: Gainward Phoenix 1080 GLH
RAM: GSkill Ripjaws Z 3866MHz CL19
Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming M5 Z270
Monitor: Asus PG278QR

MercyFlush

Post by MercyFlush » 12 Jan 2016, 03:02

AMD has a artificial limit on the pixel clock at 330 MHz. Download and run the Pixel Clock Patcher from here:
http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Threa ... ck-Patcher

Even though you just removed the *limit* CCC will not let you enter a resolution above this, HOWEVER you can regedit it to work very easily! :D

Make a custom res at a normal resolution that has a pixel clock under the *limit* i.e. 1920x1080 60Hz, CVT or CVT Reduced Blank.

Restart your PC, then open up regedit, calculator and CCC.
Go to CCC Custom Res tab and select the resolution you just made, then bump up the refresh rate (It will start making a 'new' resolution when you do this). i.e. 1920x1080 60Hz >> 1920x1080 75Hz

Next open regedit, goto the required reg location as shown in the System > Hardware tab in the new UI for CCC:

Once you go here navigate to the folder in the registry location above named DAL2_DATA..../Common/
Now select the folder which has the key 'ModeTimingOverrides_' DVI or HDMI whatever it is
Select this ModeTimingOverrides REG_BINARY and then save it out of regedit.
Open it in an editor of your choice.

Look for the three bytes which indicate the pixel clock you have currently set, now go to calculator and set it to programmer and punch in the pixel clock you got from CCC when you changed the refresh rate to 75Hz.
Now all you have to do is go a few addresses earlier and look for the initial refresh rate (for my example it is 73Hz or 49h) and change it to your new refresh rate!

Save the reg key as a new file so you have a backup, also make sure you are not modding the currently used resolution, just in case it doesn't work when you reboot.

Run the new reg key and overwrite the old key.

Restart, select the new resolution from WINDOWS
Enjoy :lol:

markamc

Post by markamc » 20 Mar 2016, 19:35

Genius, many many thanks, this worked for me. I have been looking for many months for a solution, now I have the latest crimson driver working on my 4k 65"TV @ 60Hz, via a DP-HDMI2 adapter.
cheers
m