Overclocking - Asus PA248Q over DisplayPort, Intel HD 4600

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
incidentflux

Overclocking - Asus PA248Q over DisplayPort, Intel HD 4600

Post by incidentflux » 27 Oct 2016, 06:40

Hello, I was able to (somewhat) overclock my Asus ProArt PA248Q over DisplayPort, using Intel HD 4600 Graphics Control Panel Custom resolution with CVT-RB timing standard.

Monitor hardware info
1920 x 1200
93KHz / 75Hz

However, my brother has pointed out that the UFO at testufo.com is showing inconsistent motion judder, more so compared to 60hz, even though its reporting 75Hz.

Whatever it did, it lowered the eye strained (perhaps placebo effect). Even lowering brightness levels didn't do much. Odd thing is my 60Hz HP ZR2330w is very soothing on my eyes. It's not PWM, no pulsing visible through my LG V10 camera.

My only reason to overclock was to reduce this eye strain.
Is there a way to address this with CRU or another method?

lexlazootin

Re: Overclocking - Asus PA248Q over DisplayPort, Intel HD 46

Post by lexlazootin » 27 Oct 2016, 07:06

Maybe the color accuracy is off and it's putting you off? Try using the SRGB mode in the monitors OSD. f.lux might help by reducing the blue levels.

The inconsistent motion is known as frame skipping and it can happen when overclocking monitors past a certain point, there are ways around it but using different settings sometimes but i don't really know much about that monitor.