Cant overclock laptop display

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
policiacaro

Cant overclock laptop display

Post by policiacaro » 22 Apr 2014, 12:56

After reading about the successful overclocking of a laptop monitor to 180 Hz, I became curious and wanted to see if my new gaming laptop, iBuypower CZ-15, could get anywhere near this. When I launch the Nvidia control panel, the custom resolution button is completely grayed out, and to be honest, I have absolutely no idea how to use ToastyX's CRU.

I would really like to see if I can push this laptop monitor up to 120 Hz, because the laptop is using a 780m and an intel i7 4800. Please help blur busters community!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Cant overclock laptop display

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 22 Apr 2014, 15:56

Most laptops will be unable to overclock past 60Hz, or a few Hz above. It is truly only a few of the truly "unlocked" laptop LCDs that have have huge overclocking headroom.

Instructions for ToastyX CRU can be found at: http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Threa ... tility-CRU
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

policiacaro

Re: Cant overclock laptop display

Post by policiacaro » 22 Apr 2014, 17:57

That is a shame, I was very excited to try and see what I could pump mine up to.