New Nvidia Drivers 337.88

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
policiacaro

New Nvidia Drivers 337.88

Post by policiacaro » 09 Jun 2014, 04:36

I have successfully managed to get my Samsung SyncMaster S22B310 to run stable at 75Hz, and After playing a few MMOs, I noticed the new refresh rate, and it was beautiful. I went on vacation for about 1.5 months, and I come back, turn on my pc ready to get my game on, and I notice that Nvidia has a new update available for me. So I install it, and as soon as the installion is done, everything is very blurry, almost like its zoomed too close in or its stretching a lower resolution or that ClearType is just set up really bad, but I managed to troll through the fish eye lens and find my display settings, and it is still set at 1920x1080.

Could it be that the new Nvidia Drivers somehow threw off my overclocked display of 75Hz? I am running right now at 70Hz, but I want to know if I can get back to 75

alex667

Re: New Nvidia Drivers 337.88

Post by alex667 » 09 Jun 2014, 07:29

Which driver was you using before ?

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 09 Jun 2014, 07:51

You probably used the NVidia Pixel Clock patcher on the previous driver and forgot about it? Every time you install a driver, you need to patch it again.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

policiacaro

Post by policiacaro » 09 Jun 2014, 15:19

RealNC wrote:You probably used the NVidia Pixel Clock patcher on the previous driver and forgot about it? Every time you install a driver, you need to patch it again.
Thats exactly what it was, and I feel so dumb for forgetting such an integral part of this process :oops: Thank you RealNC, much appreciated

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 09 Jun 2014, 16:17

I just hope NVidia one day realizes how brain damaged it is to place a pixel clock lock in their driver. Actually, I'm still surprised at how on earth they get away with it. Does really no one complain? Like, seriously?

But on the other hand it's less strange than other stuff they do, that are even worse. Like limited color range when you use HDMI or DisplayPort instead of DVI. What the heck are they thinking (they probably aren't.)

Back in the days of true and honest reviews, this would result in their products getting ratings like "poor", "avoid", "3/10", etc. In today's world of paid (through ads and/or review samples) corporate reviews, we obviously can't expect such things anymore.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.