Free 120Hz Monitor Giveaway -- ended Feb 28th, 2015

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Free 120Hz Monitor Giveaway -- ended Feb 28th, 2015

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 26 Jan 2015, 00:37

Chief Blur Buster wrote:UPDATE: Giveaway has ended.
This is the winner announcement

Please pay attention to Blur Busters for the next monitor giveaway, which will likely be one of our GSYNC monitors :D
The giveaway was valid only until February 28th, 2015

Forum Registrations are working now!

Earlier, an overeager spamfilter was blocking everyone from registering for several days.
As an apology for the inconvenience of the beserk spamfilter,
I'm going to give away one of the 144Hz monitors that I own.

Free 120Hz+ LightBoost Monitor Prize
For a Randomly Selected Newly Registered Forum Member

A BENQ XL2411T Gaming Monitor (value: $250) will be given away to a newly registered forum member (5 posts).

RULES:
(1) Register! You are newly registered between January 26th, 2015 through February 28th, 2015, inclusive (Greenwich Mean Time)
(2) You must make a minimum of 5 forum posts by Febraury 28th, that are deemed legitimate posts (at Moderator's discretion)
(3) A randomly selected newly registered new forum member, meeting (1) and (2) will be chosen.
(4) The website http://www.random.org will be used to select the forum member number between forum member #1424 through the last registered forum member right up to the final final second (23:59:59) Greenwich Mean Time on February 28th, 2015.
(5) Monitor is currently sitting in Chief Blur Buster's Lab. It will be packed into its original box, with DVI and power cables.
(6) Giveaway is valid in United States, Canada, Europe, United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, and Australia.
(7) One registration per person. No multiple registrations.
(8) If you are randomly selected, you will first be asked a skill testing question (by PM & by email) before the monitor is awarded.
(I know, I know -- this rule may sound silly -- but the Legal Beagles needs it!)

This BENQ XL2411T gaming monitor is 100% compatible with ToastyX Strobelight, for easy LightBoost operation.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Black Octagon

Re: 120Hz Monitor Prize for Newly Registered Forum Member

Post by Black Octagon » 26 Jan 2015, 02:01

Skill testing eh? As in, how to tweak your monitor strobr settings for maximum blur reduction? Or skill as in something more mundane that a newbie could get right?

Nice gesture btw, chief :)

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: 120Hz Monitor Prize for Newly Registered Forum Member

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 26 Jan 2015, 09:14

Black Octagon wrote:Skill testing eh? As in, how to tweak your monitor strobr settings for maximum blur reduction? Or skill as in something more mundane that a newbie could get right?
Standard simple math skill testing question typical of these giveaways.
Giveaways can be illegal in some states without a skill testing component, while skill testing questions turn them into bona-fide contests, and contests are legal even if the question is as simple as (3 x 4) + 1
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Bocalot

Re: Free 120Hz Monitor for random Newly Registered Forum Mem

Post by Bocalot » 26 Jan 2015, 11:04

Awesome. Not only did the registration get fixed, (at least it did for me) now there is a chance to win a new 120hz monitor. What a great way to start the week in the positive category.

yip3

Post by yip3 » 26 Jan 2015, 23:14

Sweet, and I was just looking for some advice on monitors. ;)

thijs

Post by thijs » 27 Jan 2015, 01:15

finally been able to register! :D And awesome gesture with this 120 Hz Monitor contest, will try to make enough legitimate posts before the deadline, thanks for fixing the forum registration!

BlackGuyRX

Post by BlackGuyRX » 27 Jan 2015, 04:19

I hope my I can get my questions answered here! 120hz's looking pretty nice!

sIZ#t3XCX$t3*%b1^M0B

Post by sIZ#t3XCX$t3*%b1^M0B » 27 Jan 2015, 06:58

I just recently found this site and am so pleased with what I've learned. My only question for this "contest," we'll say, is: Do the posts need to be five standalone posts or do replies like this one count? Oh, and the link from Twitter seems to be a bust. It ends up on a page that just say, "You are not authorised to read this forum." The Twitter link has f=9 instead of f=2.

Warboy

Post by Warboy » 28 Jan 2015, 04:02

Recently used this site to test a few things. Hopefully I can get some more information on high frequency monitors.

Rocky

Post by Rocky » 29 Jan 2015, 17:12

Extremely cool, I qualify!

Good luck to all the other new members!