Weird input lag?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
sapphireflyer

Weird input lag?

Post by sapphireflyer » 09 Aug 2015, 16:03

Hello,

this is my first post here and I post in this forum because I couldnt find an answer in other forums because they always tell me to just turn
off vsync.

So here is my problem: I play CSGO alot and I always have/had this weird input lag where my mouse just doesnt feel responsive.
It feels like my mouse is some miliseconds behind my picture onscreen. I searched everything for a solution but I cant find anything anymore.

My computer and setup:

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k - 4x 4,00 GHz
CPU-Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 Liquid Cooler
MB: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VII RANGER X97
RAM: HyperX Beast 16GB - 1866 MHz
SSD: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" - 250 GB
HDD: Samsung Harddisk - 1 TB
GPU: EVGA 980Ti Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+
PSU: Corsair AX760 Modular - 760 Watt
CASE: NZXT H440 - black/red

MOUSE: Zowie FK2
KEYBOARD: Corsair K70
MOUSEPAD: Zowie G-SR
MONITOR: BenQ XL2720Z

Can someone please tell me something that lets me test input lag. I have V4 for my 2720Z and everything is pretty new so that shouldnt be a problem. Blur reduction is off.

Thank you really much!

Q83Ia7ta

Re: Weird input lag?

Post by Q83Ia7ta » 09 Aug 2015, 17:11

Try to install fresh OS, videocard driver and just try to play CS:GO. There is no software that can tell you have you input lag or not.

sapphireflyer

Post by sapphireflyer » 09 Aug 2015, 17:15

Q83Ia7ta wrote:Try to install fresh OS, videocard driver and just try to play CS:GO. There is no software that can tell you have you input lag or not.
My pc is only one week old and I already installed windows twice. Because I have the lag I reinstalled it and only ran CSGO. It was much better (not perfect) but I started the game everytime after installing a program and it didnt change.

Q83Ia7ta

Post by Q83Ia7ta » 09 Aug 2015, 17:23

sapphireflyer wrote:
Q83Ia7ta wrote:Try to install fresh OS, videocard driver and just try to play CS:GO. There is no software that can tell you have you input lag or not.
My pc is only one week old and I already installed windows twice. Because I have the lag I reinstalled it and only ran CSGO. It was much better (not perfect) but I started the game everytime after installing a program and it didnt change.
Did you set USB polling rate to 1000 or 500 Hz?

You can check it by software. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNAlrwKaMuY

Try to set HPET off in bios if nothing helps.

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 09 Aug 2015, 22:33

Probably not the problem entirely but Zowie mice have some of the slowest mouse click response times.

http://cdn.overclock.net/9/9c/9c6cd578_ ... yszek.jpeg
http://cdn.overclock.net/8/8e/8e56a60d_ ... 150718.png

I really don't understand why people give Zowie so much credit for no reason. If you want a good mouse, just get a G series Logictech.

Oh, also is the frame rate high and the vsync off? because then I don't think there is much we can do without physically looking at your pc.

sapphireflyer

Post by sapphireflyer » 10 Aug 2015, 03:11

Q83Ia7ta wrote:
sapphireflyer wrote:
Did you set USB polling rate to 1000 or 500 Hz?

You can check it by software. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNAlrwKaMuY

Try to set HPET off in bios if nothing helps.
Yes my polling rate is set to 1000hz.

lexlazootin wrote:Probably not the problem entirely but Zowie mice have some of the slowest mouse click response times.

http://cdn.overclock.net/9/9c/9c6cd578_ ... yszek.jpeg
http://cdn.overclock.net/8/8e/8e56a60d_ ... 150718.png

I really don't understand why people give Zowie so much credit for no reason. If you want a good mouse, just get a G series Logictech.

Oh, also is the frame rate high and the vsync off? because then I don't think there is much we can do without physically looking at your pc.
I like really simple mice. The Zowie mice are really casual looking and for my small hands its perfect. I would instantly buy a G series mouse but I just dont like the look and feel of the design. To futuristic for me.

I have really high frame rates and vsync off. The only reason I post this here is because pros or online friends tell me their game is really smooth with almost the same setup.

EDIT: also the Logitech G-Series is just to heavy for me. I think its a good mouse but perhaps not the perfect chioce for competetive FPS gaming.

sharknice

Post by sharknice » 10 Aug 2015, 14:05

Do you have raw input on in CS? What are your Windows mouse settings and are you using any driver specific mouse settings?

sapphireflyer

Post by sapphireflyer » 12 Aug 2015, 07:10

sharknice wrote:Do you have raw input on in CS? What are your Windows mouse settings and are you using any driver specific mouse settings?
Yeah I have raw input on. But I tried it without already. Windows is set to 6/11. Zowie mice dont have drivers, they are plug and play ;)

spacediver

Post by spacediver » 12 Aug 2015, 12:31

I'm curious, what were you using before this display? And do you have a memory of playing CSGO with less perceived input lag?

sapphireflyer

Post by sapphireflyer » 13 Aug 2015, 08:01

spacediver wrote:I'm curious, what were you using before this display? And do you have a memory of playing CSGO with less perceived input lag?
I was on a standard 60hz 1080p 24" monitor. Yes! It was really good for some time.
But I noticed something weird. When I connect my old monitor, it sure feels weird because its 60hz but my mouse feels really responsive.
I am a noob when it comes to monitors but could it be something with 24 and 27 inches?