Benq XL2430T firmware update

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Falkentyne

Benq XL2430T firmware update

Post by Falkentyne » 19 Oct 2015, 19:35

There's an updated firmware for the XL2430T monitor that fixes the issues the original monitors had
Most notably, the flickering black equalizer and (hopefully) the profile bugs. But it's never been posted here.

But why hasn't anyone uploaded or posted the firmware for those with us with Mstar ISP units to flash easily (and 100% safe) and for those with Linux Ubuntu flash drives to try their luck?

Can someone kindly dump the firmware of the XL2430T, if you have purchased a brand new one within the last few months?

Backing up with the MStar ISP flasher is easy..just click "load" and select the filename for your backup and click "run" to save it.
The file size should be a 2 MB BIN file.

Linux requires the commands up to the "backup" part.
http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic ... &start=200
Stop at the (dump current firmware) line as that's all you need to do.

(On the Mstar ISP unit, do NOT click on Auto as that has the erase commands, just uncheck "reconnect" only.).

Both the Mstar and Ubuntu methods will produce an identical 2 MB Bin file

I need people to go into their service/factory menus and find the current firmware their monitor are installed with. We need access to the most recent versions.
----------------

Benq XL2430T CS:GO

Daniel D. Sep 24, 2015 03:51PM CDT

Hello
one year ago i bought this Monitor because i only heard nice things about BenQ XL monitor series.
After a while i noticed that the Black Equalizer (the reason why i decided to go with the monitor) is flickering in CS:Go while flashbanged and so on. I waited a whole year for some kind of fix or something like that.
I dont really wanna send it back and get a new one so can anyone tell me pls that there is a fix for this? Because I didnt bought a 400€ Monitor that doesnt work like it should work.

Thank you in advance!

Up
Down

Will

Sep 30, 2015 12:39PM CDT

BenQ America Agent

Hello there,

There is a firmware upgrade for this issue available, please contact your local service center to have that performed

CybeRFernandes

Re: Benq XL2430T firmware update

Post by CybeRFernandes » 20 Oct 2015, 10:35

I got my XL2430T on April of the current year. Just checked my firmware version in the service menu, V0001-20140702.

If you could guide me on how to update the firmware version i could give it a look.

RanDy

Post by RanDy » 20 Oct 2015, 11:36

Cyber coud you give me a skype adress or facebook adress where i can ask you something about this monitor and CS GO?Im trying to pm but i cant someone can tell me why pm is not working?

Bought mine in august version v002-20140924.Wich number is the new version ?

bhstr99

Post by bhstr99 » 20 Oct 2015, 14:02

Hi, I just got my BenQ XL2430T from Amazon 5 days ago.

My firmware version is showing as:
F/W Version: V004-20141220 (20th December 2014)

Is this the latest :S?

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 20 Oct 2015, 14:46

Might be, considering the others are at V4 and XL2720Z is at V5.
If you don't have the flickering screen when you raise the blackequalizer, then we need someone to dump the V4 firmware.
The low level color calibrations in the gamer 1-3 modes not being replaced by the presets you save into them may be an unwanted "feature."

Linux (Ubuntu) or the Mstar unit can dump the v4 firmware.

CybeRFernandes

Post by CybeRFernandes » 21 Oct 2015, 09:06

Seems like a pain in the ass to update the firmware version Falkentyne :/

I won't buy a Mstar Unit myself for the porpuse and i don't own a Linux (ubuntu) machine, neither have knowledge to function with linux either.

jannn

Post by jannn » 23 Oct 2015, 03:01

Hi!

I do not know if this is so important but still say. I called today benq europe service they said newest firmware is V5 which came out last week in europe. I send my monitor next week to service they will update firmware there.

I have now V1 and blackequalizer problem when im playing csgo, hope V5 will fix at least that problem.

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 23 Oct 2015, 05:50

Jannn, do you have any device you can use to backup the V5 firmware for those who don't want to send their monitors in?
The Mstar ISP tool can upgrade any monitor safely to V5 (This is the tool that Benq uses to upgrade the firmware themselves).

Linux Ubuntu method has also been successful but there have been a few people who had fail reports.
But all we need is someone to dump the firmware.
Manually backed up firmwares should be 2 MB in size.
The raw BIN File (without empty byted FF space to match the rom chip size) is somewhere around 800k-900k.

Ubuntu can backup the existing firmware (I think I have instructions on page 23 of that thread? can't check right now as site's lagging) easily even if flashing has not been 100% successful.

Even V4 for XL2430T is better than having buggy V1 with broken black equalizer.....

http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic ... &start=220

On this page stop at the "Dump current firmware" command...that is all we need to get the current XL2430T dump.

zakfein

Post by zakfein » 18 May 2016, 15:10

UP! no information about firmware >=v5 ?

I live in a country where there is no authorized centers of Benq. And I have firmware v1 =(( please help!

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 18 May 2016, 16:27

I've asked *****SO****** many times yet not a SINGLE PERSON has dumped the firmware? I said you can buy the Mstar ISP unit and dump it (and flash it with a 98% chance of success). You can even USE LINUX and read the existing firmware (using the Linux instructions) but stopping before the "write" part, with a ZERO chance of bricking the monitor. Yet, after all these months, not a SINGLE person has manned up and tried for the benefit of everyone else.

I even have Linux step by step instructions, where you can stop after reading the firmware. You can dump the existing firmware. The problems recently (probably due to UEFI Bioses) and people getting the DVI EDID corrupted after flashing were only on Linux, not on the mstar device.

http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic ... &start=200

(This can flash with a very very low chance of failure as Benq uses this device. I've even intentionally bricked a VG248QE by flashing a XL2420Z firmware into it and then RECOVERED the monitor by reflashing it.

That's just pathetic that no one has even tried to dump the firmware. I don't even have this monitor, yet I'm upset by the lack of people unwilling to help others who DO need the firmware, even if its at the flasher (flashing other people's dumps) own risk. Some might even be willing to buy the Mstar device to avoid a time consuming Benq RMA and shipping costs period.